Only 150 schools of 3500 schools worth going to - #112 UConn | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Only 150 schools of 3500 schools worth going to - #112 UConn

Status
Not open for further replies.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I don't disagree, but the point that I was trying to make was that large universities may actually churn out the same number of engineers as those schools making the same amount of money but by definition they will have a lower overall ROI because there will be other students in less profitable majors.

That's the skewing that I was referring to - schools that offer a variety of career paths will generally do worse on these lists even if they have Top 10 programs in money making disciplines like Engineering and Business.

Agreed. An engineering degree at U Iowa is probbaly just as valuable if not more so, than one from RPI or WPI. But the lack of weak majors skews the data.

What this shows most of all is that a science or technical major is the way to go.

Reaction Score
What this shows most of all is that a science or technical major is the way to go.
I guess the best thing to take out of all this is that Herbst is pushing hard for innovative technological fields to be advanced at UConn.

storrsroars

Exiled in Pittsburgh
Reaction Score
If nothing else, that list is great PR for DeVry.

On the list with "the latest figures" looks like UConn is at 169. Still ahead of a few more prestigious institutions though (e.g. Penn State).

Reaction Score
The only reason I got an accounting degree was the job market was crap in 1990 when it was time to pick a major and I didn't want to end up struggling. I know that kids often want to do what they want but they really need to understand that the investment needs to be useful.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
twdaylor104

Top Bottom