Only 1 thing unforgivable tonight. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Only 1 thing unforgivable tonight.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
The eunuch plays defense with his offense.

Waiting until 1 second on the play clock to snap the ball in the first quarter tells you everything you need to know. They were not trying to score or get in rhythm. Thye were defending against Ward. The offense was defending against the opposing QB. Sad.

Reaction Score
Redoing my kitchen and there was really nothing in the house. I was getting upset watching the game but I found a bag of Nestle' Toll House morsels in a box. I ate the whole bag, one chocolate chip at a time...

Reaction Score
Redoing my kitchen and there was really nothing in the house. I was getting upset watching the game but I found a bag of Nestle' Toll House morsels in a box. I ate the whole bag, one chocolate chip at a time...
Truly awesome.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
The end of the Maine game and the Navy game, our offense looked practically unstoppable. Even in the Navy game I remember the announcers saying how good Sheriffs was moving the ball down the field. I find myself asking myself, "are we good for only one amazing drive at the end if every game and that's it?"
My girlfriend has the same complaint.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
So we spend 4 days predicting thus exact outcome and now we're all mad about it?

This L was coming for a long time, but we can take away a few things.

1. Noel Thomas is a stud, our offenservices going forward should be about getting him the ball. The guy on the other side racked up almost 200 yds, yet NT was the best receiver on the field. The next time we come out trying to run the ball as a priority, ND will deserve any criticism he gets.

2. We can stuff the run up the middle pretty good. Maybe we should focus on defending the deep ball. Again, adjust or he deserves the flack he receives.

3. This can't be fixed this season, but we are slow on the edge. And I don't know if the cougars were dipped in mazola, but we missed a lot of tackles.

4. BS is hot or cold. I think we need to live with that as a mediocre team and adjust the game plan to help him develop a rhythm.

5. This conservative nonsense has to stop. You can't give up on possessions just because things didn't go well on 2nd down or that we are backed up. This is year 3, we should be over that by now. There are plays you can hit for 5 yards and hope to break a tackle. You don't need to effectively kneel on the ball on 3rd and long.

6. Field position. While I disagree with Palmer about going for it because the game was out of hand, you can plan to use 4 downs if you find yourself at 2nd down between your opponents 35-45 yard line. Again there are plays you can run other than the draw on 3rd and 8.

This games serves only as a baseline for improvement. We may not win the next two either but we should be putting these lessons into practice. We aren't that much worse than thsee teams we are playing.

pnow15

Previously pnete
Reaction Score
You want to trust Wayne Lineburg against Temple, ECU, BC, and Tulane? God bless you.
Let's bring in Les Miles. Maybe just Maybe, Odell Beckham has a kid brother.

Reaction Score
Its like perpetually watching an infant learning how to walk.

I like that analogy for our offense.

Sooner or later that baby is going to go from wobbling to running out of control, not much inbetween, and they'll bash their face into a wall, the floor or a coffee table and nothing teaches them about moving fast, but safe, like a bloody nose. But mom's like to keep them under wraps and wrspped up in plastic bubble wrap if they could. Much safer. Keep them in bubble wrap and perpetually slow and bumping into things with no consequence.

Coach Booby is the protective mommy.

How's that for my version of a fish-cake story?

Reaction Score

Only thing missing was a jar of peanut butter. Ha!

Reaction Score
I like that analogy for our offense.

Sooner or later that baby is going to go from wobbling to running out of control, not much inbetween, and they'll bash their face into a wall, the floor or a coffee table and nothing teaches them about moving fast, but safe, like a bloody nose. But mom's like to keep them under wraps and wrspped up in plastic bubble wrap if they could. Much safer. Keep them in bubble wrap and perpetually slow and bumping into things with no consequence.

Coach Booby is the protective mommy.

How's that for my version of a fish-cake story?

I like the chocolate chip morsels story better.

Stainmaster

Occasionally Constructive
Reaction Score
Firing Diaco might not be in the ADs hands...I think we may see a player mutiny similar to what was happening in PPs final year. The losses have been as painful as possible and chalked up to bizarre play calling/clock management. Emotions I'm sure are running high and we may see players give up on BD
This is the 2nd time I've seen you post speculating mutiny. Is this based on anything you are hearing or just pure speculation?

Phil, even if you want this to happen because it could push Diaco out the door quicker, I really don't think this is the case.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate

Top Bottom