Only 1 game, but... | The Boneyard

Only 1 game, but...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Maybe this will quiet some of the Monday morning QB's.....turns out Edsall might have NOT been a complete idiot for:

1) keeping McEntee on the bench (though in fairness this was his 1st real game). Poor choice to throw on 3rd and long with the lead. Run the ball, punt, and we win that game.;

2) keeping Nick Williams off Punt Return. If his job were making bad decisions-he would get a HEFTY raise.

Bummed out majorly, but encouraged by the D. These 5 OOC games will give us time to iron things out for when the games REALLY count.

F

fortebleedsblue

There are so many things HCPP did wrong I don't know where to start .. I guess I'll start with the lead on 3rd down and having your QB who has thrown 3 stupid picks throw it again. WTF was he thinking ... was it HCPP or Deleone .. does it really matter since they are two and the same. I CAN NOT BELIEVE WHAT I SEE HERE!!! The future for UConn football is scary ... Perhaps hiring HCPP was one last you to UConn compliments of Hathaway.

Reaction Score
There are so many things HCPP did wrong I don't know where to start .. I guess I'll start with the lead on 3rd down and having your QB who has thrown 3 stupid picks throw it again. WTF was he thinking ... was it HCPP or Deleone .. does it really matter since they are two and the same. I CAN NOT BELIEVE WHAT I SEE HERE!!! The future for UConn football is scary ... Perhaps hiring HCPP was one last you to UConn compliments of Hathaway.
I think we'll be OK, but that play was mindblowing...I agree completely with how DUMB that call was. Cost the game right there. Playing a respectable team on the road, with new O and D schemes, and a QB who has never played a real snap....we have to avoid colossal F-ups like McEntee had tonight, play good D, and Teggart needs to be awesome again. We do that-we can win 8 games.

Reaction Score
Horrific coaching job. Kid should have won this one. We have quality players and don't buy the not his recruits BS. This team is solid. Mass confusion by staff, failed to pull QB who was struggling, failed to get McCombs some relief and ran him out, made terrible decision to pass when game was in control.

Why we took a tired old coach with a mediocre track record is beyond me. Want to vomit.

F

fortebleedsblue

Coach I agree... I just dont know what to say about that game. I know I can be the world is coming to an end but did you see anything that leads you to believe 'we'll be ok' ??

Reaction Score
There are so many things HCPP did wrong I don't know where to start .. I guess I'll start with the lead on 3rd down and having your QB who has thrown 3 stupid picks throw it again. WTF was he thinking ... was it HCPP or Deleone .. does it really matter since they are two and the same. I CAN NOT BELIEVE WHAT I SEE HERE!!! The future for UConn football is scary ... Perhaps hiring HCPP was one last you to UConn compliments of Hathaway.[/quot
+1000

Reaction Score
The game was over. Our O sucked, but all they had to do was run into the line 3 times and punt a few more times and we were going to win. There was no way Vandy was beating us without a return TD. It was beyond idiotic to pass on third and long. And saying that does not excuse the player from an awful decision and an awful throw.

A note to all the know it alls:

1. Nick Williams is not a star returning punts.

2. We do not go to the Fiesta Bowl last year, winning 5 straight, with JM playing QB.

3. Sometimes, conservative works better.

4. We never, ever looked that disorganized and confused trying to run our old, simple offenses.

What is truly, truly amazing is I don't expect to see anyone come forward and admit how wrong they were on things. Here is one even to start you off -- I was wrong. I thought we had enough talent in our running game to score more than 3 offensive points against Vanderbilt and win.

That was terrible. As bad as we were on O, that was a game we had won, and may have been one we needed to get to a bowl. We are going to have to execute a lot better on O to get to .500 this year. Oh, that's right -- it's not about execution, it's about drawing up creative plays. Yeah, right.

I'll write more in 241 tomorrow. But I'm just ticked off.

F

fortebleedsblue

The game was over. Our O sucked, but all they had to do was run into the line 3 times and punt a few more times and we were going to win. There was no way Vandy was beating us without a return TD. It was beyond idiotic to pass on third and long. And saying that does not excuse the player from an awful decision and an awful throw.

A note to all the know it alls:

1. Nick Williams is not a star returning punts.

2. We do not go to the Fiesta Bowl last year, winning 5 straight, with JM playing QB.

3. Sometimes, conservative works better.

4. We never, ever looked that disorganized and confused trying to run our old, simple offenses.

What is truly, truly amazing is I don't expect to see anyone come forward and admit how wrong they were on things. Here is one even to start you off -- I was wrong. I thought we had enough talent in our running game to score more than 3 offensive points against Vanderbilt and win.

That was terrible. As bad as we were on O, that was a game we had won, and may have been one we needed to get to a bowl. We are going to have to execute a lot better on O to get to .500 this year. Oh, that's right -- it's not about execution, it's about drawing up creative plays. Yeah, right.

I'll write more in 241 tomorrow. But I'm just ticked off.

Business blame the offense 100% there is nothing I saw from any of the QB's that gives me hope. I want to say a mobile QB will be better but I think McCummings had negative yards on the night. Deleone was a really bad hire... our oline looks like it has regressed ...

Reaction Score
I'll give HCPP a full season before judging him, but tons of mistakes today.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Trying really hard not to overreact, but the QB play in this game was not fair to the rest of the team in this game. Even the long pass to Griffin and the two point conversion should not have been thrown. Balls were behind, high, and to the wrong team. The ultimate standard for QB in this program has been to not turn the ball over and make enough plays to keep the defense honest.

Reaction Score
This is the same crap I heard last year from some of you guys. Are you fans of the team or just going to complain about everything ??!!! We all knew the O was going to have problems. We could have Vince Lombardi for our coach and some of you would complain. After the first 2 games last year did anyone think we would go to a BCS bowl ? Yea the game did suck but I will be cheering no matter what. Stay calm and be positive.

Reaction Score
This is the same crap I heard last year from some of you guys. Are you fans of the team or just going to complain about everything ??!!! We all knew the O was going to have problems. We could have Vince Lombardi for our coach and some of you would complain. After the first 2 games last year did anyone think we would go to a BCS bowl ? Yea the game did suck but I will be cheering no matter what. Stay calm and be positive.
I think it would be hard to objectively say HC PP did a good job today. We knew the o would be a challenge but we also have a quality O line and quality D personnel. Nobody is jumping ship. The kids deserved better than what they got from HCPP and staff. There were serious mistakes. The delay of game and timeout cost us big in many ways. Disorganization cost us 7. Not giving JM the seat was bad judgment. Putting him in a position to turn over the ball in a critical situation with game in control was inexcusable. Not giving McCombs relief was down right stupidity. Nobody who knows football could give him a passing grade.

Reaction Score

I'm totally behind this team, however that doesn't mean I'm going to bury my head in the sand and not be critical of the staff when its warranted and tonight it is warranted. It was a mess in a variety of different areas and Blue Dog has pointed some of them out, there's not need to elaborate beyond what's Blue's expressed

Reaction Score
Well lots of people asked for an aggressive style of football... Lol we got it! HCPP was trying to put his foot on their throats and it backfired horribly. Man what a roller coaster ride!

Reaction Score
I think it would be hard to objectively say HC PP did a good job today. We knew the o would be a challenge but we also have a quality O line and quality D personnel. Nobody is jumping ship. The kids deserved better than what they got from HCPP and staff. There were serious mistakes. The delay of game and timeout cost us big in many ways. Disorganization cost us 7. Not giving JM the seat was bad judgment. Putting him in a position to turn over the ball in a critical situation with game in control was inexcusable. Not giving McCombs relief was down right stupidity. Nobody who knows football could give him a passing grade.

Rich Rod knows offense. Another missed opportunity.

Reaction Score
HCPP did a horrible job today. Johnny Mac was pretty bad.

But Forte you really need to get a Snickers bar. I keep seeing Betty White every time I read a post from you.

Reaction Score

I think were all cheering, fans tend to rant after a loss against a team they should have beat. It was a pitiful performance period.

Reaction Score
Rich Rod knows offense. Another missed opportunity.

That wasnt a realistic hire, Rich Rod will never coach in the Big East again if he coaches a game in Morgan town he would need the National Guard with him. Addazio would have been a good hire, it might have happened had Hathaway left earlier.

Reaction Score
This loss isn't any worse than the Temple loss last year. The season can be salvaged. Our D looks awesome.

CL82

2023 NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions
Reaction Score
I'll give HCPP a full season before judging him, but tons of mistakes today.
+1
You have got to give him a chance to run his system with his players. That said...

24czcxx.gif

Reaction Score
How about a chance to get a halfway decent QB who he recruited?

Christ, I love how people now think someone should be fired based on 2 games! Two games!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom