O'Neil via The Athletic: "What's next for you UConn? 'Put Another Banner Up'" | Page 2 | The Boneyard

O'Neil via The Athletic: "What's next for you UConn? 'Put Another Banner Up'"

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
They do play at XL. They do not lose money at XL.
Sure they do. The cost for the XL Center is so high that you would make more money having a game at Gampel for pretty much everything but a sellout. Keep in mind in addition to that that we get no share of either parking or concessions at the XL Center while we do for games played on campus. And a renovated Gampel, which had more concession choices and potential suite revenue would be an even more profitable alternative.
@CL82 is our Chief ROI Estimator. I believe he has tabulated that a game at XL needs to surpass 11k or so in attendance to break even. Please correct me if I'm wrong, counselor.
I’d have to take a look at those very quick and dirty comp that I did, but my recollection is, it would have to be pretty much a sell out.

(By the way, I do not claim to be an attorney on The Boneyard or claim any particular expertise in this area, other than the fact that I was willing to crunch the numbers.)

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NAN24
Top Bottom