One Year of Lou | The Boneyard

One Year of Lou

Reaction Score
B6C585FC-CBC1-4D34-A2AB-EE606C8C7E02.jpeg

sun

Reaction Score
She sure received some cringeworthy lumps & bruises.
I hope her knee feels better soon & that she's able to become a US citizen someday.

Reaction Score
She came out of nowhere and absolutely stole our hearts. Fearless and true.
Yes!! We all saw what she did at Fairfield. The footwork. The shooting. The scoring. Breathtaking. We all had questions & concerns. How would she blend in? What will she add? Could it work? On and on the debate went. After the first two or three games, we knew that Lou was going to be a great fit and a joy to watch. Lou stole our hearts. Loved her fearlessness. When we needed someone to shoot the ball, Lou was there to knock down a key shot here and there. No hesitation. Just catch and shoot. She definitely stole our hearts and will be forever a UConn Legend. Well, at least to me, Lou will be a UConn Legend.

sun

Reaction Score
That's a weird one.... why?
Because she seems to have become much more proficient in English than in French or Spanish.
She's also become very acclimated to living in the US.
If she sticks in the WNBA then she'll be spending even more time becoming more & more at home in the US.
I hope that she at least has the opportunity to be an American citizen, people can belong to more than one country.
I would like to see her have the right to return to the US and spend as much time here whenever she wants.
If she doesn't want to then that's okay too, but she's making a lot of new friends & fans here, so she should be able to enjoy it for a lifetime if she decides that she wants to.
I'm hoping that she'll want to & will be afforded the opportunity.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
... because being a U.S. citizen is a great privilege?
She already has a home country with a life, family, and friends there, and by nearly every metric, Europeans live a better life than Americans, so Lou is already the privileged one I'd say.

huskeynut

Leader of the Band
Reaction Score
It was a pleasure to watch Lou this past season. To say she was a surprise is an understatement. Many under rated her talent and ability. Fortunately Geno and staff didn't.

I wish Lou, as well as Dorka, all the success in the WNBA and beyond.

Reaction Score
I think Lou will be remembered most by many for leaving everything she had on the floor against Ohio State in spite of a nagging knee injury, doing her best to will the team to victory while most of her teammates struggled. I'm quite sure she'll do well in the WNBA because of her determination as evidenced in the journey that brought her to UCONN and culminated in a #5 draft pick in the WNBA. Hers is truly a remarkable story. Seriously, what are the odds?

Reaction Score
I think Lou will be remembered most by many for leaving everything she had on the floor against Ohio State in spite of a nagging knee injury, doing her best to will the team to victory while most of her teammates struggled.
Well said. I guess this is often how good teams end a season’s run. Cumulative pressure takes its toll on a team and they struggle to find their usual intensity, maybe only one or two players are able to make a stand. This was Lou against tOSU, and Paige against Arizona two years earlier. It can be beautiful to see even if the game ends in disappointment.

Reaction Score
She already has a home country with a life, family, and friends there, and by nearly every metric, Europeans live a better life than Americans, so Lou is already the privileged one I'd say.
Have lived in Europe 14 years... "better life"... depends on your metrics...

Reaction Score
Scary to think what UConn's record would have been last year without Lou. Probably a 10-loss season.

Reaction Score
Scary to think what UConn's record would have been last year without Lou. Probably a 10-loss season.
Probably would have a losing streak to Tennessee right now without her great performance that night.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom