One word: PATHETIC | Page 2 | The Boneyard

One word: PATHETIC

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
do you think wholley is gone after this year?

Wholley is a home grown coach, so it won’t be easy for Edsall. That said, I think every position coach on the defense has to be under consideration. How can it not be? Impossible from our vantage point to decifer who is coaching well.

Reaction Score
Do we have Russian trolls on this board? Every week a new poster starts the “drop football thread.”
Do we have Russian trolls on this board? Every week a new poster starts the “drop football thread.”
Didn't really say "DROP FOOTBALL", yet if this continues, ie. next season is a repeat of this season, don't you think it might be time to reasses the whole program? I mean, how long do you continue to accept abysmal play? How many years do you give? Firing the present coach and staff would put you back at square one AGAIN. That notion is unacceptable. Maybe the answer is to forget this whole FBS idea, and drop back to the FCS It's a sad comentary, but realistically, being the worst college football team in the FBS division is nothing to brag about.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Didn't really say "DROP FOOTBALL", yet if this continues, ie. next season is a repeat of this season, don't you think it might be time to reasses the whole program? I mean, how long do you continue to accept abysmal play? How many years do you give? Firing the present coach and staff would put you back at square one AGAIN. That notion is unacceptable. Maybe the answer is to forget this whole FBS idea, and drop back to the FCS It's a sad comentary, but realistically, being the worst college football team in the FBS division is nothing to brag about.
To me, drop football to FCS is virtually the same as drop football altogether. Either way, you are motioning to quit. No other FBS fan board has a consistent group of naysayers beating the same drum for rollback.

I recommend we give Edsall another full year and we support (with $ for pay) his efforts in the off season to shake up the position coaching staff if requested.

I also think we should play the 4-3 defense next year and encourage more jucos (admissions) if we find worthy jucos.

Reaction Score
To me, drop football to FCS is virtually the same as drop football altogether. Either way, you are motioning to quit. No other FBS fan board has a consistent group of naysayers beating the same drum for rollback.

I recommend we give Edsall another full year and we support (with $ for pay) his efforts in the off season to shake up the position coaching staff if requested.

I also think we should play the 4-3 defense next year and encourage more jucos (admissions) if we find worthy jucos.

Exit 4, in the case of Connecticut there comes a time when you have to cut your losses.
To me, drop football to FCS is virtually the same as drop football altogether. Either way, you are motioning to quit.
I think your comment about dropping back to FCS is a slap in the faces of some pretty good talented schools. I think that the dropping back to FCS is in many ways inevitable . Anyone that truly thinks that UCONN is going to compete against the National powers, anytime soon..............ie. within the next 3-5 years is totally in denial. FCS is not droppng to Division 3 or Division 2.
Your other comment; I also think we should play the 4-3 defense next year and encourage more jucos (admissions) if we find worthy jucos.
That would mean that the school will have to change admission regulations. Something I don't think you are going to see anytime soon, either.

All in all, this season is a lost season, and even the most optimistic fan cannot have too much optimism for next season either. It is what it is.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Exit 4, in the case of Connecticut there comes a time when you have to cut your losses.
To me, drop football to FCS is virtually the same as drop football altogether. Either way, you are motioning to quit.
I think your comment about dropping back to FCS is a slap in the faces of some pretty good talented schools. I think that the dropping back to FCS is in many ways inevitable . Anyone that truly thinks that UCONN is going to compete against the National powers, anytime soon....ie. within the next 3-5 years is totally in denial. FCS is not droppng to Division 3 or Division 2.
Your other comment; I also think we should play the 4-3 defense next year and encourage more jucos (admissions) if we find worthy jucos.
That would mean that the school will have to change admission regulations. Something I don't think you are going to see anytime soon, either.

All in all, this season is a lost season, and even the most optimistic fan cannot have too much optimism for next season either. It is what it is.
You seem to take offense to being called a quitter. Instead just own it next time because that is what you are saying.

Purple Stein

I like to sim things.
Reaction Score
It wouldn’t surprise me if change all the D position coaches and keep Crocker or do the reverse, probably one or the other.

We have a historically bad defense. Like, in the history of all of college football at this level, we are one of the worst defenses ever. I don't think it can be emphasized enough just how bad our defense is.

I think Crocker is a good coach. But given the historic quality of our defense, there is just no way he can be back next year. If he is, the message to players and fans is clear.

Reaction Score
You might be right. Corey seems to bring the self awareness to the situation.

I was fully pissssed the way the UMass game was turtled. However after giving it some thought this week, I don’t see how replacing Edsall sooner rather than later will work. We aren’t getting anything but another Diaco (unproven coordinator who won’t understand how to overcome our recruiting disadvantage), so buckle up for at least full season of Randy ball in 2019.

Diaco was a cluster, but in no way can you fault the hire. The guy was a defensive success as a coordinator in fact so much so he got the Broyles award for the top coordinator in the nation. It was the classic example of grab a young coach that has had success at the coordinator level at the top level of football while we can - it was a gamble, but one programs at UConn's level routinely take.

The sign we all should have taken as a foreshadowing of the nuttiness of Diaco was that he actually took the job. Because if you continue to have success as a coordinator at that level you'll have much better opportunities than UConn post PP or you realize that you're better suited to be a coordinator and be one like Foster or Venables and enjoy a successful career (W/L's and $).

BTW I'm not sure RE 2.0 understands how to overcome the challenges he faces now - it's a different conversation than it was back when RE 1.0 was here, a much different conversation. It's baffling that he continues to invite unneeded scrutiny and criticism with his dopey comments and what I perceive as an inability to own errors is beyond me - stop with the excuses man, holy hell. Own the failings of YOUR program and put your head down and go to work.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
We have a historically bad defense. Like, in the history of all of college football at this level, we are one of the worst defenses ever. I don't think it can be emphasized enough just how bad our defense is.

I think Crocker is a good coach. But given the historic quality of our defense, there is just no way he can be back next year. If he is, the message to players and fans is clear.
Hard to disagree.

Reaction Score
You really have to wonder what people saw last night to suggest that was the last straw.
This team still stinks. Did people expect something different last night???
So yes, all these calls are from people that always saw football as the reason UConn isn't in big east just piling on... Disingenuous to say the least... Definitely trolling.

Reaction Score
I was at the game last night and got a perspective I never get on TV -- right before the first time Tulsa scored, they had the ball down inside the UConn 10 yard line. Edsall is standing by himself, looking at his sheet 50 yards away on the opposite 40 yard line. No UConn player and no UConn coach was standing withing ten yards of him; all had moved down the sideline to be closer to the line of scrimmage. Weird, weird optics.

Reaction Score

It will continue until this program is no longer the laughing stock doormat of all of college FB!

Reaction Score
Not questioning his effort, heart or commitment. But nobody, I mean nobody, misses more tackles a game than Eddie Hahn. To be fair, he's far from the only kid who misses several tackles a game. Just seems like his are the ones that result in those 60 yard easy runs up the middle against our soft D.
He’s also was a HS qb and safety. He’s not an lb, except here.

Reaction Score
Not questioning his effort, heart or commitment. But nobody, I mean nobody, misses more tackles a game than Eddie Hahn. To be fair, he's far from the only kid who misses several tackles a game. Just seems like his are the ones that result in those 60 yard easy runs up the middle against our soft D.
Too small and lacks the strength to be effective. But, the Crocker theory says smaller speed guys fixes everything. totally wrong for FBS level football as proven over 2 years leading to the worst defense in FBS history.

Reaction Score
Ah look, someone invited the “good job, good effort” guy.
I am as disappointed as anyone with the season. THE TEAM IS NOT DROPPING FOOTBALL. Find something else to watch. I did.
yup, he must be the one still lookng for the pony, amongst all the horse sheet. Head bang
No I don't sit around crying cause my kid sat on the bench.

Reaction Score
Too small and lacks the strength to be effective. But, the Crocker theory says smaller speed guys fixes everything. totally wrong for FBS level football as proven over 2 years leading to the worst defense in FBS history.
He was moved in there because two of our linebackers became DEs in order to get more speed at the edge. We have no playable depth. None.

Reaction Score
He was moved in there because two of our linebackers became DEs in order to get more speed at the edge. We have no playable depth. None.
Whatever the reason, he’s not equipped to play LB. Too small, physically overmatched, and no instinct for the position.

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Pretty soon this place will be known as the graveyard

Reaction Score
I watch AAC games so going in I knew we were not as good as Tulsa. We had a nice start but the dam broke on defense and then the offense struggled to keep up as Pindell does not pass well enough to keep defenses honest. He is so athletic that he can break out for some big runs but he also gets boxed in as defenses are looking for this. This is not an effort problem by the players. Maybe a different coaching staff could cover up some deficiencies better than this one but I feel the results would be the same except for UMASS. We need depth badly and upgrades at all positions. This will be a slow process. Edsall had better give our future QB's some work in the next 3 games. For some reason playing a backup QB at UCONN is taboo. One thing that does concern me is the Edsall CEO posture on the sidelines. This team needs a Dan Hurley type coach who is going to make sure the team keeps the energy level up and does not get comfortable settling. This is not Edsall's sideline MO.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Boatbro

Top Bottom