One word: PATHETIC | The Boneyard

One word: PATHETIC

Reaction Score
I watced most of the game last night, switching between the Bruins, and Bama-LSU. What I saw last night was ineptitude, lack of effort, and out an out horrible play. Tulsa was not a power in the conference. NO, they were a one win team, and also with no wins in the conference. Yet, they looked like a powerhouse, running through MASSIVE holes in the line, ripping off runs of 8, 10, 15, 20 yards at a clip. Then passing over the drawn in defense, for multiple TD's. Don't give an excuse about the weather. It was raining on both teams. No, the effort put forth last night was pitiful. With more than 3 months into the season, one would expect some sort of improvement. Last night I saw a team, and coaching staff that can't wait for the season to end. One would expect, with this team, that they would lose to the better teams of the conference, and the out of conference, but make an effort against the lower teams. After last night, and through the season, it's clearly apparent that this club is leaderless, hopeless, and clueless. I know it was expected that this team would struggle, but THIS? Please. I know that there's many of you true believers that still stick with the club. After last night performance, I find it hard for anyone to actually think that this club should really continue in the FBS. Face it, there's, No pony underneath all of that HORSE SHEET !

Reaction Score
It’s unwatchable. As I said in another thread, I was at a pro-UConn bar where they had the game on next to the LSU/BAMA game and they turned our game off at some point to put on ESPN News.

Reaction Score
This team has been bad all year, but the head coach has approached this the last two years as if winning isn't the priority and last week admitted it in the post game. When you pretty much say these kids aren't capable of winning out loud, I think you get effort or lack thereof, like last night. It's sad, but this doesn't seem close to working out so far.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
The team has a lot of problems. It’s difficult to sort through it and make any conclusions; but that won’t stop me from trying;

1) Linebacker play is atrocious. Our guys aren’t big enough or fast enough. They routinely “guess” on the hole or are completely sealed off by blocks.

2) Coaching unable to make in game adjustments and teach fundamentals. We now have a regular pattern of moving the ball well on the opening possession only to struggle much of the game there after once the other team adjusts. This has also happened with the defense the past two weeks where we start well only to lose the battle once the other team adjusts. I think we have all seen enough to know the fundys have been inadequate as well (one example, DBs continue to be unable to track balls in the air)

3) QB play and OLine. Pindell is our best player, but unable and unwilling to throw to anything but underneath and crossing routes, it’s easy for the opposition to narrow its defensive focus. Meanwhile the OLine has yet to play a game where it has matched the competition and it’s a unit that has experience. Very few clean pockets for Pindell, and when we have had clean pockets Pindell has not taken advantage with accurate throws.

Conclusion: Randy will finish his roster clear out this winter including some of his own guys that aren’t buying in. He will also make the coaching changes. It wouldn’t surprise me if change all the D position coaches and keep Crocker or do the reverse, probably one or the other.

I also think Randy and Corey are self aware enough that they will work on some ideas to get the kids to have more energy in game on the sideline.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I am glad someone started this thread. Up until now< I thought they were having a pretty good year. You come across like a disgruntled little league parent.

Tommyboy

a lot of people go to college for seven years
Reaction Score
1) Linebacker play is atrocious. Our guys aren’t big enough or fast enough. They routinely “guess” on the hole or are completely sealed off by blocks.

The position is so unbelievably bad. Guys are getting completely swallowed up by average offensive lineman.

Reaction Score
I watced most of the game last night, switching between the Bruins, and Bama-LSU. What I saw last night was ineptitude, lack of effort, and out an out horrible play. Tulsa was not a power in the conference. NO, they were a one win team, and also with no wins in the conference. Yet, they looked like a powerhouse, running through MASSIVE holes in the line, ripping off runs of 8, 10, 15, 20 yards at a clip. Then passing over the drawn in defense, for multiple TD's. Don't give an excuse about the weather. It was raining on both teams. No, the effort put forth last night was pitiful. With more than 3 months into the season, one would expect some sort of improvement. Last night I saw a team, and coaching staff that can't wait for the season to end. One would expect, with this team, that they would lose to the better teams of the conference, and the out of conference, but make an effort against the lower teams. After last night, and through the season, it's clearly apparent that this club is leaderless, hopeless, and clueless. I know it was expected that this team would struggle, but THIS? Please. I know that there's many of you true believers that still stick with the club. After last night performance, I find it hard for anyone to actually think that this club should really continue in the FBS. Face it, there's, No pony underneath all of that HORSE SHEET !
Lol. Question. Why do you think the Rent barely draws 15k for a game now?

Reaction Score
The team has a lot of problems. It’s difficult to sort through it and make any conclusions; but that won’t stop me from trying;

2) Coaching unable to make in game adjustments and teach fundamentals. We now have a regular pattern of moving the ball well on the opening possession only to struggle much of the game there after once the other team adjusts. This has also happened with the defense the past two weeks where we start well only to lose the battle once the other team adjusts. I think we have all seen enough to know the fundys have been inadequate as well (one example, DBs continue to be unable to track balls in the air)

3) QB play and OLine. Pindell is our best player, but unable and unwilling to throw to anything but underneath and crossing routes, it’s easy for the opposition to narrow its defensive focus. Meanwhile the OLine has yet to play a game where it has matched the competition and it’s a unit that has experience. Very few clean pockets for Pindell, and when we have had clean pockets Pindell has not taken advantage with accurate throws.

Conclusion: Randy will finish his roster clear out this winter including some of his own guys that aren’t buying in. He will also make the coaching changes. It wouldn’t surprise me if change all the D position coaches and keep Crocker or do the reverse, probably one or the other.

I also think Randy and Corey are self aware enough that they will work on some ideas to get the kids to have more energy in game on the sideline.
I love a good post

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
I am glad someone started this thread. Up until now< I thought they were having a pretty good year. You come across like a disgruntled little league parent.
If your kid played on a little league team where the fundamentals of baseball were not being taught, and the kids got drubbed game after game because they couldn't bat, bunt, run the bases or understand where and when to throw the ball, then disgruntled would be a good place to be.

C

Chief00

Some good observations, but quite frankly you lost me when you started talking about Randy/Billy SELF AWARENESS and how they will make ADJUSTMENTS when Chief hasn’t seen much of either all season.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Some good observations, but quite frankly you lost me when you started talking about Randy/Billy SELF AWARENESS and how they will make ADJUSTMENTS when Chief hasn’t seen much of either all season.
You might be right. Corey seems to bring the self awareness to the situation.

I was fully pissssed the way the UMass game was turtled. However after giving it some thought this week, I don’t see how replacing Edsall sooner rather than later will work. We aren’t getting anything but another Diaco (unproven coordinator who won’t understand how to overcome our recruiting disadvantage), so buckle up for at least full season of Randy ball in 2019.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Not questioning his effort, heart or commitment. But nobody, I mean nobody, misses more tackles a game than Eddie Hahn. To be fair, he's far from the only kid who misses several tackles a game. Just seems like his are the ones that result in those 60 yard easy runs up the middle against our soft D.

C

Chief00

You might be right. Corey seems to bring the self awareness to the situation.

I was fully pissssed the way the UMass game was turtled. However after giving it some thought this week, I don’t see how replacing Edsall sooner rather than later will work. We aren’t getting anything but another Diaco (unproven coordinator who won’t understand how to overcome our recruiting disadvantage), so buckle up for at least full season of Randy ball in 2019.

I expect another season of Randy/Billy ball but I think it’s a mistake. If Chief saw an uptick in recruiting, on field effort or engaged/effective coaching - Chief might put on a blindfold and accept it.

Reaction Score
Not questioning his effort, heart or commitment. But nobody, I mean nobody, misses more tackles a game than Eddie Hahn. To be fair, he's far from the only kid who misses several tackles a game. Just seems like his are the ones that result in those 60 yard easy runs up the middle against our soft D.

Agree on effort, heart, commitment and desire. He’s just not meant to be a LB.

Dooley

Done with U-con athletics
Reaction Score
Agree on effort, heart, commitment and desire. He’s just not meant to be a LB.

Agree. Not nearly strong enough to make those tackles in the hole. So many arm tackles missed. Maybe he will put on some much needed muscle in this offseason's S&C. Or maybe he goes to another position. Kid plays with heart though and I think that's why he's on the field still. He's just completely overmatched for this level.

Exit 4

This space for rent
Reaction Score
Agree. Not nearly strong enough to make those tackles in the hole. So many arm tackles missed. Maybe he will put on some much needed muscle in this offseason's S&C. Or maybe he goes to another position. Kid plays with heart though and I think that's why he's on the field still. He's just completely overmatched for this level.
I heard they wanted him to bulk up to 230 or so last spring and it didn’t happen. I don’t he can get that level of weight on and even if he did not sure it would make the different FBS really requires. When the game slows down in garbage time he looks okay. I bet he’s a great kid, but like many around him on this squad he’s probably not 2 deep material at the FBS level at any weight level. Nothing to be ashamed of, these kids are all playing the game far better than 99.99% of the population. If the team is ever going to win it needs to be sober about the real capabilities of its players.

Reaction Score

do you think wholley is gone after this year?

HuskiesFan1014

Mora excited than before.
Reaction Score
Remember the catch word for UConn D for years and years....every game, every announcer, over and over?
STINGY.
God, I miss that adjective. Can't wait until we can be stingy again.

Reaction Score
do you think wholley is gone after this year?
Edsall talking to Wholley on the sidelines last night didn’t look too good. Edsall didn’t even look him in the eyes

Reaction Score
When looking at the replays, and the massive holes Tulsa had to run through, it doesn't take a rocket scientist to see, that the interior line play along with the second level, ie. the linebackers are pretty bad.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom