One way to get a leg up in the Turkey Bowl (Darien v. New Canaan) | The Boneyard

One way to get a leg up in the Turkey Bowl (Darien v. New Canaan)

Reaction Score
Darien#1 in GameTimeCT poll
New Canaan#10 — Game tomorrow @ 10:30

Reaction Score

>>On the eve of the annual Turkey Bowl between New Canaan and Darien, at least two members of the Darien football team have been arrested by warrant by New Canaan Police following an assault earlier this month.<<

Reaction Score
how the hell did he let those kids keep playing? lost a lot of respect for Trifone.

Reaction Score
Trifone has known about the incident for a while, as of yesterday kids were still participating in practice/playing. The injuries suffered by the New Canaan kid were pretty severe..they beat him up pretty good. Incident stemmed from a Social media taunt by the kid from New Canaan. Trifone/Darien are also still dealing with the issue of him “striking” a player in the head last year as well. Definitely a win at all costs mentality there right now.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Trifone has known about the incident for a while, as of yesterday kids were still participating in practice/playing. The injuries suffered by the New Canaan kid were pretty severe..they beat him up pretty good. Incident stemmed from a Social media taunt by the kid from New Canaan. Trifone/Darien are also still dealing with the issue of him “striking” a player in the head last year as well. Definitely a win at all costs mentality there right now.
I've known Rob Trifone for years, played with him in high school, and his father Al was one of our coaches. Rob's a fair coach but a strict disciplinarian. I'd be shocked if the three Darien kids play today.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I've known Rob Trifone for years, played with him in high school, and his father Al was one of our coaches. Rob's a fair coach but a strict disciplinarian. I'd be shocked if the three Darien kids play today.
Unfortunately this incident happened a few weeks ago. These kids dressed, started and played the entire game last week..a week after the incident happened.

Reaction Score
Unfortunately this incident happened a few weeks ago. These kids dressed, started and played the entire game last week..a week after the incident happened.
Did you know that after the original incident all the kids involved got together the next morning and shook hands? It was over and done with but once the press got hold of it and the cops got involved the whole thing unraveled. It did happen a while ago but now Trifone is under tremendous pressure to bench those kids for the game. Like I said I'll be shocked if they play.

Reaction Score
Although the incident happened, now, 17-days ago, the Darien players weren't officially charged. So, I think it was hard for Trifone to sit the players last week, even if he knew the "whole" story. He had to let the investigation play out and prepare his team. I'd be shocked if the players aren't done for the season. What bothers me even more is that this is the fourth incident between these two rivals in recent years. It has to stop. I understand the whole, "It's kid, being kids.", thing. Sadly, it may have to take making an example of these kids to do it. Both towns need to know there are consequences to these types of actions. The parents, coaches, and administrators need to reel these kids back in.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
UChuskman

Top Bottom