One thing we MUST work on | Page 2 | The Boneyard

One thing we MUST work on

Icehawk

TFG
Reaction Score
We're geared around the 3 ball so I don't see what we need to work on here? 14-0.

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
Our D is elite. I have only one quibble. When the opposition has the in the post after 3-4 dribbles I'd like to see a weakside double team trap happen. We are so long we can make the pass out of the double very difficult. Sanogo did a good job on Dixon but he did pick up a couple of personals too.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
We messed up the dish to Sanogo several times. We don't need guys dribbling into Sanogos triple team. Just run the pick and roll when it presents itself.

This isn't an iso ball screen based team.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Our D is elite. I have only one quibble. When the opposition has the in the post after 3-4 dribbles I'd like to see a weakside double team trap happen. We are so long we can make the pass out of the double very difficult. Sanogo did a good job on Dixon but he did pick up a couple of personals too.
we also have athletic defenders who can recover to the open man quickly...I don't think we need to do this every time but mix the defense up from time to time

QDOG5

I dont have a drug problem I have a police problem
Reaction Score
we also have athletic defenders who can recover to the open man quickly...I don't think we need to do this every time but mix the defense up from time to time
Obviously Hurley prefers to defend one v. one but as you mention using it occasionally will keep teams guessing.

Reaction Score
Another team like Villanova that that plays smart. I watched part of the SJ/Xavier game last night and they had the coaches on open mic. Very interesting to hear what coaches talk about in the locker room and surprised that the media is getting their way on that point. It wouldn't be half as bad if it was after the game or at the end of the season. Too distracting to the coach and players and invasive to me.

OT but what I would have really liked to see was a Bill Parcells halftime talk when the Giants had not performed so well in the first half. They seemed to come out completely transformed. My son and I would look at each other and laugh and say something like "we don't have to worry. Coach will start hitting them with chairs at halftime."
The Crook from X sounded like a coach with a game plan while Anderson kept spewing cliches' and offering insights like "get stops" or "make some shots". Made me think of Penny.

One guy in the StJ locker room was sitting on the side of the room facing 90 degrees from Anderson and never looked at him once while Anderson was imparting his advice. Somehow I don't think that's how players act with DH.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom