One thing needs to change | Page 2 | The Boneyard

One thing needs to change

Reaction Score
How about we reduce the size of the field to 48, or 32? (No an original thought.)

Reaction Score
I wonder if the attendance was higher last year. We had Sat/Sun then Mon/Tues. The Friday games were a pain this season.

I have a file from last year, and though I didn't label things well :confused:, I think it shows 4500 last year (actually 4400).

Reaction Score
I will also point out that the only NCAA sports that DONT use home arenas for the tournament are the Men's Div 1 Basketball tournament, and Men's D1 Hockey. And the latter is helped by the fact that almost all the teams are in 2 sections of the country - New England/Great Lakes.
Every other sport -- FCS football, soccer, baseball/softball, field hockey, lacrosse, all D2-D3, use home courts/fields. Dont think it's a big deal that WCBB does as well.

Jim

Reaction Score
I think the Duke, Miami, and Kentucky home arena crowds thought is was unfair their home team got its butt whooped. Imagine the nerve of the NCAA in sending those lower ranked teams who just didn't roll over like they were supposed to. What is this world coming to? Parity? Fortunately we have the UCONNs of the world to set thing right. :rolleyes:

Reaction Score
There is also the financial side to this. If the venues were to be non-campus facilities, there would be a facilities cost to the tournament - raising ticket prices and/or reducing the total amount of money raised by the tournament, which could perhaps impact the expense sharing to the participating teams.

For example, I would expect that the facilities rental for Gampel Pavillion to be considerably less than the XL Center.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc

Top Bottom