One Shining Moment | The Boneyard

One Shining Moment

Status
Not open for further replies.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
So I admit I'm a sucker for One Shining Moment. Thanks to YouTube I've watched them all 20+ times. It's a great historical record of the game.

I'm sure everyone has their own favorite clip within the highlights - but my vote would go to Boatright and his mother.

Off to watch another hour of them....

If you watch the older ones during the horrible music played during the credits watch Mike Aresco scroll through..

Last edited:

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score

Nice Purvis pose

Funny my phone blew up on the Purvis flex in real time.

It didn't turn out well but the best non-championship OSM for UConn is 1990. Just for the running Jonathon dive, the old Hartford Civic Center floor is a fun bonus. The UNLV shark with a towel is a personal favorite.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I know its sacrilige but I HATE "One shining moment"! I find the song to be so corny! Fortunately ive only had to suffer through it 4 times but am totally willing to suffer many more times.

That was only the most popular hot take on Twitter the last week. It's a bit hard to believe you've only watched it the four times UConn won and don't like it. Were you not familiar with it prior to 1999?

MattMang23

Adding Nothing to the Conversation
Reaction Score
Nice to see Yale in there a couple times. They had to make up for never having been in it before.

I always like how they line up the lyrics with the on-court action. This year for "in the blinking of an eye, that moment's gone" they had the TAMU comeback on UNI. It really did seem like that occurred within the blinking of an eye.

Reaction Score
This years version was so so to me. I do love the tournament anthem have seen all but one of them multiple times since 1990 and I am guess most here could venture a guess as to which one in the past 26 years I have not and probably never will never watch. We have gone on to win multiple national titles since that tourney but still not over it and everytime I see that school and that coach it sickens me.

I personally would say the best non UConn championship year version was in 2009. I always though that some of the UConn championship years versions we kinda weak though overall especially 1999. Of the UConn versions I would say 2011,2014,2004,1999 in that order. The overall tournament also has lots to do with it.

Reaction Score
That was only the most popular hot take on Twitter the last week. It's a bit hard to believe you've only watched it the four times UConn won and don't like it. Were you not familiar with it prior to 1999?
Lol! Yes of course ive watched it more than 4 time as i was using a bit of hyperbole but since its played after the game is over and unless Uconn has won it i dont stick around to watch it. I assume the first time i heard it was after the UNLV/Duke title game being that was the first one i ever watched. I didnt watch it last night btw.

jleves

Awesomeness
Reaction Score
Did anyone catch the pregame stuff where they talked about the song? The guy who wrote it, David Barrett was interviewed. He wrote it and gave it to a friend who was working for SI if I remember correctly. He took it to CBS and they were going to use it after the 86 Super Bowl, but the coverage went long and they didn't have time. They went back to Barrett and asked if they could use it for the 87 NCAA tournament (Indiana beat Syracuse). It's been a staple ever since.

Personally, it's kind of a sad song for me because it means college basketball is over for 7+ months. It's probably worse for Cuse fans as 2 out of three times it means you didn't win that game.

Reaction Score
Nice to see Yale in there a couple times. They had to make up for never having been in it before.

I always like how they line up the lyrics with the on-court action. This year for "in the blinking of an eye, that moment's gone" they had the TAMU comeback on UNI. It really did seem like that occurred within the blinking of an eye.

I was waiting for the refs to be showcased in the clip, afterall, they had a huge impact in certain games, such as ND v. Wisconsin. :cool:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom