One secret to the Packers success | The Boneyard

One secret to the Packers success

Status
Not open for further replies.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
TMQ has a rundown of what Green Bay is doing right these days. Included was this:

All NFL general managers say they want to build through the draft, then many blink and give up picks. [GM ] Thompson never blinks, holding his picks and trading for others. ...And the Packers scout the sixth and seventh rounds as intently as the first. Many Green Bay players were late choices, selected by a point in the draft where many teams were just winging it.

And who is GB's director of college scouting? None other than UConn's own John Dorsey. Dorsey was an all-time UConn great, a 4 year starting linebacker, one of the toughest guys to ever play for the Huskies. Played for the Pack for 5 years then moved into the front office.

Reaction Score
Our program has been developing well. We have some Super Bowl rings amongst our alumni. We'll very likely get more kids who will win Super Bowls, and who knows, maybe a collegiate national championship. Anything is possible. Oregon almost did it. Whatever the deal, Dorsey is an asset to our program.

Reaction Score
Can we get Dorsey to help us recruit the midwest too?

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
John Dorsey for AD 2012

Sent from my MB860 using Tapatalk

Reaction Score
Was Dorsey consulted at all when we searched for a new coach after Edsall left?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Easterbook also credited having 5 tight ends on the roster (when they only have 4) and the fact they ride bikes the first day of training camp down to the field. The weekly skewering that Drew at Deadspin gives him is always hilarious.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Easterbook also credited having 5 tight ends on the roster (when they only have 4) and the fact they ride bikes the first day of training camp down to the field. The weekly skewering that Drew at Deadspin gives him is always hilarious.

Are you saying that Easterbrook is wrong about their college scouting?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
Are you saying that Easterbrook is wrong about their college scouting?

No just saying that Easterbrook is a total and complete idiot, so when I agree with him about something it worries me. I have no idea why ESPN gives him that platform, but they also employ Rick Reilly and rolled out the increasingly hideous Grantland so I guess they are trying to corner the market on bad sportswriting.

I don't know if what he is saying is even factually true though. It's not as though he studied the roster and totaled late round draft picks. It's also compete lunacy to suggest that teams just wing the late rounds of the NFL draft. But Easterbrook isn't in the habit of letting any semblance of sense refute what he happens to be pontificating about in a given week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom