One problem with the new format: Anyone agree? | Page 3 | The Boneyard

One problem with the new format: Anyone agree?

Status
Not open for further replies.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
Nan, there's no need to change things for a particular computer type, including a Mac. On a Mac, in Safari, for example, one can change one's font preferences to individualize the way websites look.

Actually, in both Internet Explorer and Firefox, you can do the same thing. It is a matter of a few clicks:

Internet Explorer: Go to "Tools" then "Internet Options"
Firefox: Go to "Tools" then "Options"

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
Guys I don't think everyone is talking about in the body of the post but rather some of the other print on the page regarding buttons and links, etc. Those are not as easily altered by the commands you are speaking of. At least not as you describe. Using Tapatalk helped solve the issue for me.

As I said earlier it is in some areas a combinations of print size, and lack of contrast between background and print. Those are controled in the page structure. Ex. thread Display Options at the bottom of the thread list page which is in a very pale blue font against a white background. Or the date line below a posters name, small light gray. Things like that. This secondary information formatting is what the original OP spoke of not anything else.

It is important to remember not all eyes here are necessarily young and/or good. Nor is everyone as nimble to adapt to a new environment and structure because of those problems. My own mother who taught computers in school but now at over 80 years old has macular degeneration and struggles to keep up with continual changes to websites where she has done her banking and other business for years because of those kinds of issues. The question becomes how do we help maintain a balance of current technology and still service those who are not as capable of adapting to change for whatever the reason. Do we simply leave them behind. Tom needs plenty of time to deal with the issues but I would, also, hate to lose longtime contributors because of frustration and the inability to see or understand what is going on.

AboutWeston

Artiste Extraordinaire
Reaction Score
ICE--

I have nothing but confidence that our Mods will figure out the best and most user-friendly final format. Meanwhile, to me it looks great and works great! And the content is great, too!!!:)

Icebear

Andlig Ledare
Reaction Score
ICE--

I have nothing but confidence that our Mods will figure out the best and most user-friendly final format. Meanwhile, to me it looks great and works great! And the content is great, too!!!:)
I agree.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ahserve34