One positive thing from SMU game last night: | The Boneyard

One positive thing from SMU game last night:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
When we lose this place is flooded with threads, posts and posters. Negativity abounds, and I'm guilty of it.

Hell even Shea, Freescooter and others were seen posting. We win and its somewhat quiet. So I'll start a 'One Positive Thing' thread that's positive to make some noise. There were many positives but I wanted to save room for others. Please feel free to add your one positive (out of many):

DHam in the 2nd half played within himself and he put SMU to sleep.

geordi

Patriotism is the last refuge of a scoundrel
Reaction Score
Don't destroy the BY karma. End this thread now so we can get back to negativity.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
I'll say Hamilton learning from his mistakes. At one point in the first half, he chucked a long 3 early in the shot clock and missed. A possession or two later, he drove the lane and I can't remember if he scored or dished to someone else for the bucket, but we scored on that possession. Then late in the game, he took another long 3 after running the shot clock down, and you could see him beating himself up. Next possession, he drove the lane and hit that midrange jumper that gave us a little breathing room.

The last one wasn't so much learning from a mistake, but when he missed the front end of that one and one late, it was nice to see him bounce back with the rebound and two made FTs a minute later.

Reaction Score
Ok:

We were lucky to win. Thought for sure we were going to crap ourselves again but SMU sucked so we get a lucky W. Team still should be in the NIT though because we're not even in the Top 25 so we blow. The AAC sucks and if we don't win it we will be playing at Storrs vs Jackson State. SMU is overrated anyway so we should have won by 25. Can't wait until next year.

:oops: thanks for the floor Kita

Reaction Score
I'm going to go with rebounding. We out-rebounded them overall and really limited their second chance points. I think SMU is one of the better rebounding teams in the conference too.

Reaction Score
I'm going to go with rebounding. We out-rebounded them overall and really limited their second chance points. I think SMU is one of the better rebounding teams in the conference too.

Yeah the rebounding, especially in the first half, was tremendous good call PF. This is as hard as this team battled on the boards all year. There were 2-3 guys trying to get their hands on many rebounds, great effort against a strong team.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
UCONN still won with crappy outputs from RP and SG offensively and DHam played below average 1st half.

Reaction Score
Can I pick Brimah again? Looked like a legit Top 25 center, a guy who's major benefit and minimal liability.

Defensive rebounding, including Brimah but also others, was exceptional. We've come a long way since the Olander/Nolan frontcourt.

Reaction Score
In all sports there is a zone where a kind of instinctual elegance of execution makes play look effortless. There has been a lot of not focused and a lot of trying too hard this year, but Brimah, Miller, Calhoun and periodically Adams, seemed to find the zone vs. SMU, particularly on defense.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
The entire front court played well and contributed where they were needed.

No one made too many mistakes.

Omar was the only guy who could reliably get all the way to the rim.

Reaction Score
The NCAA will ban us from the post season for beating a ranked team. Wait for it 3 2 1........

Reaction Score
When we lose this place is flooded with threads, posts and posters. Negativity abounds, and I'm guilty of it.

Hell even Shea, Freescooter and others were seen posting. We win and its somewhat quiet. So I'll start a 'One Positive Thing' thread that's positive to make some noise. There were many positives but I wanted to save room for others. Please feel free to add your one positive (out of many):

DHam in the 2nd half played within himself and he put SMU to sleep.
Another positive was that Ollie didn't stick with SCjr for very long. Although he probably played about 2 minutes more than he should have✌

Reaction Score
Jalen stepping up huge after a pretty poor first half... If he can give us some penetration/distribution, we could make a legit run. If he gets the yips and is freshman-y, we will continue to be up and down.

UConnNick

from Vince Lombardi's home town
Reaction Score
At least we didn't lose.

th

Reaction Score
They played as a team and...only six fouls called in the second half.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
Nic Moore, AAC conference player of the year was pretty much taken outta the game for the entire second half! WOO-HOO!

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Ok:

We were lucky to win. Thought for sure we were going to crap ourselves again but SMU sucked so we get a lucky W. Team still should be in the NIT though because we're not even in the Top 25 so we blow. The AAC sucks and if we don't win it we will be playing at Storrs vs Jackson State. SMU is overrated anyway so we should have won by 25. Can't wait until next year.

:oops: thanks for the floor Kita
Did we win?? I couldn't tell I so distracted by the those ugly shorts! Why can't we have nice things? We are destined to be G5 school if we can't even put the guys in a decent pair of shorts. Warde is just phoning it in at this point. John Toner never would have allowed those shorts!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DyNASTY#3

Top Bottom