One Play Summarizing Our Woes | The Boneyard

One Play Summarizing Our Woes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It was a simple, routine box out by one of Louisville's post guys. Don't know if anyone else noticed it (I'll try to find the time it happened), but we shot a three or something, the ball bounced high off the rim, and their guy COMPLETELY cleared the space by boxing our guy out like 5 feet backwards. Then their guard was just right there to pick up the easy rebound. I think Dickie V even commented on how great a box out it was.

I feel like every time Louisville shot the ball last night and it bounced off the rim, all our guys would just jump as high as possible to try and out-catch it. As if it's a jump ball or something. But the whole point of boxing out is that if it's done well, and you clear the space, you shouldn't even have to jump at all most of the time.

Offensive rebounds and second chance points continue to be the most mind-numbingly frustrating aspects of these losses.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Many other examples, such as Bazz covering and clearly seeing Rozier but not bothering to box out at all, allowing him an easy offensive rebound.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#
Top Bottom