One other thing I loved about this game... | The Boneyard

One other thing I loved about this game...

Status
Not open for further replies.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
It was especially noticeable in the 2nd half when you could see the UCONN bench in the background as UCONN ran offense - Stevens and Camara were leaping off the bench, pumping their fists, shouting and yelling every time UCONN scored or did something great. Of course, Tierney, Molly and Kyla had equal energy and emotion.

It was not only nice to see them so invested in the game, but also in being very loud and vocal in cheering and exhorting their teammates on, even tho they can't suit up for another 11 months. I'm betting the 5 other recruits who have verbaled were also glued to their TV sets cheering UCONN on as well! This is certainly a magical time for Husky players, coaches and fans!

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
I think Kyla is the biggest cheerleader. Whenever you see a time out it's like TLaw and Kyla are racing each other on to the court to see who can be first to greet the players coming off the court.
That's awesome. People sometimes wonder why "role players" who don't get much PT would want to stick around, or they speculate as to why Geno doesn't play them more and if they are happy with their role. I think the reaction of the teammates who can't play, or don't usually play, indicates it's not an issue on this team...

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I think Kyla is the biggest cheerleader. Whenever you see a time out it's like TLaw and Kyla are racing each other on to the court to see who can be first to greet the players coming off the court.
I've said it before but sometimes it looks as if Kyla may hurt herself she is such a cheerleader. I don't know if I've ever seen so much emotion from a UConn team on the court and/or on the bench from both players and coaches.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
It was especially noticeable in the 2nd half when you could see the UCONN bench in the background as UCONN ran offense - Stevens and Camara were leaping off the bench, pumping their fists, shouting and yelling every time UCONN scored or did something great. Of course, Tierney, Molly and Kyla had equal energy and emotion.

It was not only nice to see them so invested in the game, but also in being very loud and vocal in cheering and exhorting their teammates on, even tho they can't suit up for another 11 months. I'm betting the 5 other recruits who have verbaled were also glued to their TV sets cheering UCONN on as well! This is certainly a magical time for Husky players, coaches and fans!
Azura & Batouly are like two thoroughbreds who know they can run and can't wait for the gait to open. Until that time, it's great to see them support their teammates, both in practice and while sitting on the bench watching the games.

donalddoowop

Who put the Bop in the Bop Shoo Bop?
Reaction Score

There are only four other recruits.

EricLA

Cronus
Reaction Score
There are only four other recruits.
Gordon, Espinosa-Hunter, Coombs, Walker and Collier. Charli Collier is from the class of 2018 and is only a junior in high school, but she already verbaled to UCONN as well. 4 kids in next year's class, and then 1 so far from the following class.

Add in Christyn Williams and one more forward from 2018 and call it a day! The good times continue to roll!!

Reaction Score
I've said it before but sometimes it looks as if Kyla may hurt herself she is such a cheerleader. I don't know if I've ever seen so much emotion from a UConn team on the court and/or on the bench from both players and coaches.
Geno has said it before, he puts a lot of weight into body language. Bench players even if they anticipate playing zero minutes need to be as engaged in the game as say Crystal Dangerfield and Butler who almost always get subbed in at some point. The Geno approach forces you to be a mature team player or else you can go join another team. When someone hits a big 3 you will see Kyla jumping up and down as if she just drilled one at the buzzer.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dixiedog

Top Bottom