One of the worst UCONN offensive teams ever! (and they've never been to the moon) | Page 4 | The Boneyard

One of the worst UCONN offensive teams ever! (and they've never been to the moon)

Reaction Score
Our defensive intensity and "run you out of the gym" mentality has jumpstarted our offense resulting in us blowing out bad teams and trading punches with the good ones. This is night and day compared to years past where it seemed we'd take the majority of the shot clock getting the ball over half, and then wait for a few seconds left to fire up a contested three. Forcing turnovers and consistently pushing the ball has us ranked 12th in FG this year while our opponents are ranked 250th. I know we are yet to begin our strong conference schedule but considering last year we were ranked 293rd and our opponents were 113th, I think its safe to say we've made a drastic improvement and we owe it all to the Hurley style of play. This new intensity also helps us on the offensive glass since our five guys are beating there's down the court, and our guards are crashing on outside shots. We went from 188th to 10th in that category, however this is inflated by games against smaller, lesser opponents thus far.

Reaction Score
Our defensive intensity and "run you out of the gym" mentality has jumpstarted our offense resulting in us blowing out bad teams and trading punches with the good ones. This is night and day compared to years past where it seemed we'd take the majority of the shot clock getting the ball over half, and then wait for a few seconds left to fire up a contested three. Forcing turnovers and consistently pushing the ball has us ranked 12th in FG this year while our opponents are ranked 250th. I know we are yet to begin our strong conference schedule but considering last year we were ranked 293rd and our opponents were 113th, I think its safe to say we've made a drastic improvement and we owe it all to the Hurley style of play. This new intensity also helps us on the offensive glass since our five guys are beating there's down the court, and our guards are crashing on outside shots. We went from 188th to 10th in that category, however this is inflated by games against smaller, lesser opponents thus far.

We actually had the highest offensive rebound % FSU & Iowa have allowed this season. 3rd highest for Syracuse. The team seems to be doing well on the offensive boards regardless of the opponent.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69
Top Bottom