One of The Best Things I’ve Read About UConn Football (Dan Orlovsky Article) | The Boneyard

One of The Best Things I’ve Read About UConn Football (Dan Orlovsky Article)

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Saw that on Facebook. Great read. Orlovsky should probably be brought in at some capacity to the football program, if there aren't plans to do so already...

Reaction Score
Saw that on Facebook. Great read. Orlovsky should probably be brought in at some capacity to the football program, if there aren't plans to do so already...

I’m sure Dan will continue to be a great friend to the program.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score

This was on twitter this morning right before the link to Dan's article. This is a GREAT message!!!!

It's a scary message in a lot of ways.

Does it mean that we have folks on a football team who don't believe in the weight room or who don't put in a good amount of time there?
Does it mean that Edsall has had to try to convince folks to work out in the first place?

I guess it's just not a message that I would think a head coach would have to deliver after a full season of football, and yet he's delivering it... :oops:

Reaction Score

Does it mean that we have folks on a football team who don't believe in the weight room or who don't put in a good amount of time there?
Does it mean that Edsall has had to try to convince folks to work out in the first place?

I guess it's just not a message that I would think a head coach would have to deliver after a full season of football, and yet he's delivering it... :oops:
You are reading into it wrong...he has been out there saying kids need to get bigger/stronger..IMHO it's his way of saying things are up for grabs...if you want it go get it.

UConnDan97

Reaction Score
You are reading into it wrong...he has been out there saying kids need to get bigger/stronger..IMHO it's his way of saying things are up for grabs...if you want it go get it.

I don't know, dude. Sounds like he's trying to deliver a message to someone or a small group of someones. We've all heard the messages about getting bigger, faster, and stronger that he's put out there in the media. But this has a much more directed feel. And again, if there are players on the team who either need that message or don't believe in that message, I find both scenarios to be pretty scary...

Reaction Score
I don't know, dude. Sounds like he's trying to deliver a message to someone or a small group of someones. We've all heard the messages about getting bigger, faster, and stronger that he's put out there in the media. But this has a much more directed feel. And again, if there are players on the team who either need that message or don't believe in that message, I find both scenarios to be pretty scary...

I’m sure it’s a message. Many of the players were not recruited under HCRE, I expect some aren’t his type of players. I also expect quite a bit of attrition which will be good for the long term health of the program. I remain confident he is going to change the culture of the program.

Reaction Score

He’s sending a message but you’re over thinking it... it’s just another in a line of RE motivational posts.

Reaction Score

To me it's just motivation he's putting out there to the team. They are all going to wake up and check twitter this morning and there will be this big Good Morning message from their coach to go get to work.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score

I'm hoping that he's sending a message to all of them. Maybe there are a few he has in mind, but it's clear that he wants to drive a sense of competition within the squad that was evidently lacking. To make sure that nobody feels safe or that they can be complacent.

Reaction Score

We certainly HAD a culture that didn’t seem to worry about it. Thank God it’s gone.

Reaction Score
It’s not completely gone.
But, DO"s symbolic article certainlly strongly suggests a picture of a door being held open for Fiasco's RKGs or other insufficiently motivated guys to quickly shape up, proactively work hard a la Fincher, do things the right way, or expeditiously be gone straight out the nearest exit ...

Reaction Score
But, DO"s symbolic article certainlly strongly suggests a picture of a door being held open for Fiasco's RKGs or other insufficiently motivated guys to quickly shape up, proactively work hard a la Fincher, do things the right way, or expeditiously be gone straight out the nearest exit ...

Don’t think for one second that Edsall’s tweet or this column by DO wasn’t done without a clear message. Diaco’s problem (among many) is that his RKG’s weren’t good football players and the guys he felt had talent either A) didn’t, B) are lazy or C) both.

Reaction Score
I think coach would have said that after the Fiesta Bowl. Well, if he was there... oh heck you get the point.

Reaction Score
I would be surprised if every workout in the weight room isn't logged and recorded digitally so that progress or lack thereof isn't instantaneously known by the staff. Including vital signs that might correlate with performance and health. Is this the case or not? Do we know?

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom