One observer at Boo Williams says Brady better than Betts | Page 2 | The Boneyard

One observer at Boo Williams says Brady better than Betts

DefenseBB

Snark is always appreciated!
Reaction Score
To me, I want to hear/read/see what @Sluconn Husky has to say and post as they are the most in-tune info spiller on recruits and can back it up with video. I pause on ICE being greater than Betts solely as Ice's team lost by close to 20 in the Boo Tournament that if ICE was truly better, what the heck happened. I know she didn't lose to Lauren's team but still a 20 point loss is curious to me. Did anyone see video of the tournament to offer insight?

Reaction Score
To me, I want to hear/read/see what @Sluconn Husky has to say and post as they are the most in-tune info spiller on recruits and can back it up with video. I pause on ICE being greater than Betts solely as Ice's team lost by close to 20 in the Boo Tournament that if ICE was truly better, what the heck happened. I know she didn't lose to Lauren's team but still a 20 point loss is curious to me. Did anyone see video of the tournament to offer insight?
Yeah, I saw most of it. The Cal Stars rotated 4 posts, all 6-3 to 6-4 all game, including Breya Cunningham 6-4, the tourney MVP. Brady played Cunningham basically even while out scoring her. Brady had no help inside as her team had only one other post I saw over 6 foot and her guards couldn’t get her the ball anywhere but the high post. I have no worries about Brady at either end of the floor, team depth won the game.

Sluconn Husky

#1 Source of Info
Reaction Score

I confess to not having watched the Brady/Cunningham game yet, but I will. BobbyJ took care of the question anyway.

And there's no doubt that Cunningham is on the much stronger AAU team.

Reaction Score
Yeah, I saw most of it. The Cal Stars rotated 4 posts, all 6-3 to 6-4 all game, including Breya Cunningham 6-4, the tourney MVP. Brady played Cunningham basically even while out scoring her. Brady had no help inside as her team had only one other post I saw over 6 foot and her guards couldn’t get her the ball anywhere but the high post. I have no worries about Brady at either end of the floor, team depth won the game.

Thanks for posting this...great info. And, thank you for all the insight you provide - you're one of the cogs for this site and I appreciate it.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
That makes no sense. Several of her teammates have already identified their new schools.
How many of those who have identified their new schools are grad transfers? Because if they are GT's then they have already finished their graduation requirements. Cordoso is a Freshman and most likely has finals and must finish them before she leaves so she gets the credits.

Reaction Score
Syracuse classes do not end until May 14th. You will not here about where she is going until AFTER that date.

Why? There is no reason she can’t announce a decision before then. I will be surprised if she doesn’t decide prior to May 14.

Reaction Score
ayanna and Ice are like aliyah and better perhaps if they add Kk bransford and the forward from 2023 class I see them win it all ,and hell yeah they are better than the girl who's 6'7 cause she's not physical ....

Reaction Score
How many of those who have identified their new schools are grad transfers? Because if they are GT's then they have already finished their graduation requirements. Cordoso is a Freshman and most likely has finals and must finish them before she leaves so she gets the credits.
That doesn’t preclude her making a decision. Most people who transfer schools make that decision before the semester ends.

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
That doesn’t preclude her making a decision. Most people who transfer schools make that decision before the semester ends.
Once you declare your decision your current school can withdraw the scholarship and insist that you leave the campus, even if you haven't finished your semester.

oldude

bamboo lover
Reaction Score
Currently there are 325 grad transfers in the portal.

Reaction Score
Once you declare your decision your current school can withdraw the scholarship and insist that you leave the campus, even if you haven't finished your semester.
I guess that possibility didn’t concern her.

Reaction Score

Not sure if you’re serious, but that is completely totally wrong. They cannot withdraw the scholarship and they cannot ask you to leave the school. Don’t know where you heard that.

Reaction Score
Sure “potential not realized”. But if I recall correctly when you were watching Paige play in HS you remarked that she had great potential. Some potential is never realized.

When I read "potential" used to describe a recruit I assume it is being mentioned only because the "performance" is unremarkable. That was not the case with Bueckers. If I used the word talking about Bueckers I may have been saying "potential to be the GOAT". You would have to refer me to a specific post of mine.

Reaction Score
That doesn’t sound right. Can u provide a link to something that supports it?

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
It is not correct and would be self defeating for a school to ask a SA to leave before the completion of classes. The NCAA and conferences have a bunch of check in place to make sure this doesn't happen. For starters a schools Academic Success Rate (ASR) is checked and recorded with penalties assed for repeat offenders.

Reaction Score
It is not correct and would be self defeating for a school to ask a SA to leave before the completion of classes. The NCAA and conferences have a bunch of check in place to make sure this doesn't happen. For starters a schools Academic Success Rate (ASR) is checked and recorded with penalties assed for repeat offenders.

Not to mention the bad PR that would hit the school: Cardoso has already "paid" for this academic year with her play in the 2020-21 season. Technically the next academic year won't begin until the fall semester. So yanking away her opportunity to finish what classes she's currently in, would be tantamount to Syracuse picking up the ball and going home - they got whatever effort she could provide for them during the 20-21 season, which was substantial by most accounts, but now they are reneging on her getting her first year's course work in?? That would look pretty bad for them.....

Reaction Score

As I said in my earlier post, it is totally wrong. A school has no power to ask a student to leave or to cancel her scholarship during a semester simply because she decided to transfer and/or named her new school. NCAA rules make that very clear.

Reaction Score
ayanna and Ice are like aliyah and better perhaps if they add Kk bransford and the forward from 2023 class I see them win it all ,and hell yeah they are better than the girl who's 6'7 cause she's not physical ....
She will fit right in at Stanford because outside of the Hulls, the rest are finesse players.

Reaction Score
When comparing Betts to Brady it is no comparison on which player right now is more ready to play WCBB. Brady has the strength and the inside moves and the outside shot right now to play and be successful in WCBB. Even though they will play different positions in college. I see Bardy as a 4 who can stretch the defense and play in Geno's offense at the elbow or go down low depending on who she is matched up with. Many teams left Liv and Aaliyah open and packed the middle on us and dared them both to shoot from the foul line. Brady will hit that shot all day. If you ever watched Brink play on the FIBA teams she was a string bean who had some athleticism but no strength. She now is the BEST shot-blocker in WCBB. She also is getting better on the inside and developing a pretty good outside shot. So will Betts improve to that level. Time will tell

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom