One More Thing Yesterday Showed Us | Page 2 | The Boneyard

One More Thing Yesterday Showed Us

C

Chief00

AO’s strengths and limitations worked decently at the college center position. However, he could not be effectively moved to the 4 position. Jim Calhoun had to convince him he could play the 4 to keep the key figures happy upon Andre’s sudden arrival. But, neither was a true 4. The 2011/2012 was filled with talent and challenges. NCAA suspensions on Coach Calhoun and Boatshow, followed by health related coaching absences made it difficult for Jim Calhoun to work his usual magic. Then when Calhoun met with Andre after the season, it was to find out he was leaving rather than talk to Andre about what to work on over the summer.

Reaction Score
It'll be "outstanding" when he can turn and quickly score when hes wide open under the basket before his defender can block his shot or not travel when hes just outside his range and needs to beat his man.
Honestly it’s like I am reading these posts and it seems like I am thinking of a different player.

UChusky916

Making the board a little less insufferable
Reaction Score
AO’s strengths and limitations worked decently at the college center position. However, he could not be effectively moved to the 4 position. Jim Calhoun had to convince him he could play the 4 to keep the key figures happy upon Andre’s sudden arrival. But, neither was a true 4. The 2011/2012 was filled with talent and challenges. NCAA suspensions on Coach Calhoun and Boatshow, followed by health related coaching absences made it difficult for Jim Calhoun to work his usual magic. Then when Calhoun met with Andre after the season, it was to find out he was leaving rather than talk to Andre about what to work on over the summer.

Nice job taking a thread about Carlton and going off topic about some revisionist history about Oriakhi and Drummond.

You do this all the time. Stop. So obnoxious.

pj

Reaction Score
Hurley has adjusted by employing more motion and basket cuts when Carlton has the ball. Some people have questioned his in-game adjustments (rightfully so in some cases), but he seems to do a good job of making changes in between games. We saw that last year when he changed up how we defended the high ball screen multiple times.

He may feel he can only make in-game adjustments to sets/approaches the team has adequately drilled and proven an ability to execute. That's a very small set at this point. But as the team expands its repertoire, I bet we'll see more in-game adjustments.

Also, as we recruit higher IQ players. It seems like things may still be a little stripped down at this point.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Also, as we recruit higher IQ players. It seems like things may still be a little stripped down at this point.

That. I've no problem with Hurley on the tight reins.

I disagree with some of Hurley's in-game philosophies, but If you give a guy like Vital too many options, maybe he reverts to his natural tendencies--pure chucking. A lot of our players have skills, but with a serious limitation or two, so you have to work with that. Give these guys what they can handle.

C

Chief00

Nice job taking a thread about Carlton and going off topic about some revisionist history about Oriakhi and Drummond.

You do this all the time. Stop. So obnoxious.
Oriakhi was brought up by several other posters first (example below). What Chief said, is what actually happened. Saying it’s “revisionist history” speaks to your knowledge deficiency on the subject. You would be better off spending this Black Friday Christmas shopping for Chief.
DF8783D3-17C2-42F2-B869-BBD360ABD33D.jpeg

#ChiefCertified
#Confirm+

Last edited by a moderator:
C

Chief00

That. I've no problem with Hurley on the tight reins.

I disagree with some of Hurley's in-game philosophies, but If you give a guy like Vital too many options, maybe he reverts to his natural tendencies--pure chucking. A lot of our players have skills, but with a serious limitation or two, so you have to work with that. Give these guys what they can handle.
I think Danny will get us to the end game - not exactly the way Chief would do it - but he has a good plan and I think will get us there.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom