One more point ON McBrides Shot | The Boneyard

One more point ON McBrides Shot

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tonyc

Optimus Prime
Reaction Score
Just spoke to another Boneyarder and he made this point which I thought was a good one. If there is a next time when an opponet needs a trey to win the game, put Breanna up top and make the opponet shoot over her. Yeah McBride got a lucky bounce but maybe Breanna wouldve forced to to change her shot. Just maybe.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Don't know if I would have put the freshmen on McBride, but if anyone would have pressured the shot, it would have been helpful.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
I'd have Stewie and Stokes at the 3-point line. I agree with the point.

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
it was a quick release beyond typical range... with 2 bounces, not much KML could have done

She could have guard her tightly which is what you do in that situation. You give shooters room if you don't want them driving by you. She wasn't going to drive by her; she needed to shoot a 3.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
easier said than done... it was a quick release, also Diggins was on the floor who would normally take the last shot.... decoy or McBride disregarded Muffett's play calling

UConnCat

Wise Woman
Reaction Score
easier said than done... it was a quick release, also Diggins was on the floor who would normally take the last shot.... decoy or McBride disregarded Muffett's play calling

No. Diggins was double-teamed by UConn on the in-bound play to make sure she didn't get the ball. They knew it would be McBride which makes the failure to guard her tightly even more inexplicable.

DaddyChoc

Choc Full of UConn
Reaction Score
welp... that's the way the ball "bounce"

Reaction Score
Just spoke to another Boneyarder and he made this point which I thought was a good one. If there is a next time when an opponet needs a trey to win the game, put Breanna up top and make the opponet shoot over her. Yeah McBride got a lucky bounce but maybe Breanna wouldve forced to to change her shot. Just maybe.
First, I think Uconn coaches are very good. Now, I think on that bench, (four coaches), someone should have said, "lets put the big guys on top, we don't care if they break in for a layup, with the clock running down, just don't foul. Or lets pressure and foul before the shot, you have a three point lead. And yes I know they could make one, and miss one, but, your chances are good.

Reaction Score
First, I think Uconn coaches are very good. Now, I think on that bench, (four coaches), someone should have said, "lets put the big guys on top, we don't care if they break in for a layup, with the clock running down, just don't foul. Or lets pressure and foul before the shot, you have a three point lead. And yes I know they could make one, and miss one, but, your chances are good.
Having said this, it is time to move on. That game is over, the season is not. The best could still be ahead.

Reaction Score

Oddly enough, I believe that KML shot free throws before that shot and missed the last one. The only one she missed and the 3 tied it up again. They weren,t destined to win that game. That 3 took a goofy bounce, so you could just chalk it up to the luck of the Irish. They had a lot of lucky bounces in that game.

Reaction Score
and why was KML BACKING up then, from the 3 point line towards the foul line... on McBride....? .... didnt want give up a layup..? reminds me of... , nahh forget it....

Reaction Score
Not a bad idea Tony.

Reaction Score
Everybody shoud have been at the front of the three point line and why no press at the inbound of the ball ????? [Time left 13.5 sec]

Reaction Score
and why was KML BACKING up then, from the 3 point line towards the foul line... on McBride....? .... didnt want give up a layup..? reminds me of... , nahh forget it....
Much like the men's game last week against GTown. The game was won, just guard against the three. Give up two, just don't give up a three. Velcroed to anyone out beyond the arc. Not complicated/

Reaction Score
With our sihitty luck the 3 pointer would have been missed and Mc would have been fouled.!!!!

Reaction Score
There is a story in the South Bend Tribune about the foul-or-not decision.

The paper also has a story about ND's expected smooth and early transition to the ACC:

[links edited - mod]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01