One more from USF game | The Boneyard

One more from USF game

Reaction Score
Added the below in another thread, but couldn't help myself. Deserves its own. (Make sure you click on the image.)

4th Q, under 6 minutes, 47 point lead. And just look at the hustle and execution! Meg goes to the floor to keep the play alive. Kia chases down the rolling ball at the top of the key. Molly spreads out to the near perimeter; Kyla spreads to the far perimeter. Seeing the play develop, Kia tracks down the ball, grabs it from the floor, fires low and across her body -- a rope to Kyla's hip. Kyla catches and drains a 3. The bench is every bit as engaged as everyone on the floor. All six players are standing.

By the way, look at Kia's shout of encouragement and fist pump as Kyla lets the 3 fly.

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
Hey Nan, in your analysis of the play, you seem to have left out the fifth player AZ who having missed the initial three and then drifted back on defense, arrives as Kyla loads up and signals three as she heads into prime rebounding position! She had one half of the lane covered if Kyla had missed.

Reaction Score
Hey Nan, in your analysis of the play, you seem to have left out the fifth player AZ who having missed the initial three and then drifted back on defense, arrives as Kyla loads up and signals three as she heads into prime rebounding position! She had one half of the lane covered if Kyla had missed.
all great, 'cept it's Connie! Nan hasn't assumed that avatar (yet!) :)

Reaction Score
1. Great effort by Megan kept the ball alive.
2. Great catch by Kia passed the ball to Kyla.
3. Great move by Kyla, went back to 3 pts line, made the shot.
4. Great tech by connie made the gif.

Reaction Score
you seem to have left out the fifth player AZ
I also did not mention how Meg, at the very last moment, finesses the ball to Kia via an outstretched hand and fingers. What a heads-up play!

Reaction Score
I thought the best part was as Kyla is shooting Z coming back into the play with those two long arms in the air wishing the ball into the net! Z is a fantastic teammate.

Reaction Score
I also did not mention how Meg, at the very last moment, finesses the ball to Kia via an outstretched hand and fingers. What a heads-up play!
connie, can you make a similar gif file for Molly's 3 pts?

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'm sorry again, but I love that Megan was mixing it up in the paint on that wonderful play. I keep recognizing Meg for her work in the paint.

Reaction Score
A question about foul interpretation? There has been a change this year with the “flagrant one” interpretation and it has relevance in the game with USF. The refs reviewed a foul when a USF player swatted at Kiah later on the game. It did look like she swatted at the ball but only hit Kiah on the arms. The refs called it a simple foul, Meghan Cuomo agree and I thought it was the correct call. However, much earlier in the game as Pheese went up for a layup she was grabbed by the shoulders with no attempt or intention at the ball. She made the shot and had a free throw attempt, but how come it wasn’t an intentional with UCONN getting the ball after the free throw?

MSGRET

MSG, US Army Retired
Reaction Score
A question about foul interpretation? There has been a change this year with the “flagrant one” interpretation and it has relevance in the game with USF. The refs reviewed a foul when a USF player swatted at Kiah later on the game. It did look like she swatted at the ball but only hit Kiah on the arms. The refs called it a simple foul, Meghan Cuomo agree and I thought it was the correct call. However, much earlier in the game as Pheese went up for a layup she was grabbed by the shoulders with no attempt or intention at the ball. She made the shot and had a free throw attempt, but how come it wasn’t an intentional with UCONN getting the ball after the free throw?
It was intentional, just not reviewed by the refs. Pheesa even called it after the foul, and I think that is what the refs were discussing near the foul line before she shoots the an one.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom