One Last Time - No Transfer Speculation | The Boneyard

One Last Time - No Transfer Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

Biff

Mega Monster Moderator
Reaction Score
No transfer speculation. And the cutsie wink wink clever "I didn't say the bad word" doesn't fly.
Warnings are now being given out for violation of this rule. Warnings automatically accumulate points in the system and points accumulation causes an automatic time out. The more points the longer the time out. Automatically administered by the system.

A few people have already acumulated points for this today. So I advise it to just stop.

Reaction Score
We do love to speculate here. I guess some folks just can't resist the urge to be in a position to say "I told you so". Kids will come and go. Deal with it.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
No transfer speculation. And the cutsie wink wink clever "I didn't say the bad word" doesn't fly.
Warnings are now being given out for violation of this rule. Warnings automatically accumulate points in the system and points accumulation causes an automatic time out. The more points the longer the time out. Automatically administered by the system.

A few people have already acumulated points for this today. So I advise it to just stop.
Is there anyway to know how many points a person has? (not for transfer speculation, just in general)

HuskylnSC

North is a direction; South is a lifestyle
Reaction Score
Transfers! Transfers! We don't want no stinking transfers!

Argonaut

No, not that Providence.
Reaction Score
OK, i agree that this is a BY Rule and that we, as members, need to Totally Respect and Obey them. However, I find it extremely ironic that "Historically" in the PAST whenever a player does transfer to another school, people on this BY site are given every latitude to BASH the former player without any repercussions. Thus I propose that a New BY Rule be put into place that PROHIBITS any bashing or NEGATIVE comments on ANY "Former" UCONN Women's Basketball Players - PERIOD !!

That’s not true. There was a lot of ill will from many towards AEH, but during my time stalking the BY and since I’ve joined, Coombs, Gordon, Butler, Ekmark, and Edwards all transferred and I’ve read little to no negativity towards them.

And when things did get particularly vitriolic towards AEH, Nan and Biff shut it down pretty quickly.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Rule goes back 20 years or more. Boneyard rumors became talking points that ended up in the locker room - and players thought that people here knew something and that they were being run out of the program. It’s manufacturing a crisis where none exists.

We only know the basketball side of their lives - we don’t know how they feel about the school, their major, their social life, their coaches and teammates, etc. A kid might not be playing as much as they want, but be perfectly happy and aren’t dreaming of leaving. And there’s nothing wrong with the opposite happening and a kid deciding to leave in search of more minutes, but that’s for her, the coaches and her inner circle to work out in private. A public message board circulating a rumor that someone is going to transfer is reducing their life to just basketball, and placing a value judgment on them that we have no knowledge of.

We have always granted that if an outside media source writes an article or tweets out something that indicates a transfer possibility, that’s fine since it’s a matter of public record, but inventing a transfer rumor out of nothing is something we’ve never liked.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
OK, i agree that this is a BY Rule and that we, as members, need to Totally Respect and Obey them. However, I find it extremely ironic that "Historically" in the PAST whenever a player does transfer to another school, people on this BY site are given every latitude to BASH the former player without any repercussions. Thus I propose that a New BY Rule be put into place that PROHIBITS any bashing or NEGATIVE comments on ANY "Former" UCONN Women's Basketball Players - PERIOD !!
You are proposing a rule that already exists. "Don't trash the kids that play the games, no matter what team."

HuskyNan

You Know Who
Reaction Score
Rule goes back 20 years or more. Boneyard rumors became talking points that ended up in the locker room - and players thought that people here knew something and that they were being run out of the program. It’s manufacturing a crisis where none exists.

We only know the basketball side of their lives - we don’t know how they feel about the school, their major, their social life, their coaches and teammates, etc. A kid might not be playing as much as they want, but be perfectly happy and aren’t dreaming of leaving. And there’s nothing wrong with the opposite happening and a kid deciding to leave in search of more minutes, but that’s for her, the coaches and her inner circle to work out in private. A public message board circulating a rumor that someone is going to transfer is reducing their life to just basketball, and placing a value judgment on them that we have no knowledge of.

We have always granted that if an outside media source writes an article or tweets out something that indicates a transfer possibility, that’s fine since it’s a matter of public record, but inventing a transfer rumor out of nothing is something we’ve never liked.
There are a lot of reasons for the “no transfer speculation” rule. One that really annoys me is that someone starts a thread and then others jump in to defend the player, often trashing others, or starting something like “this other player should transfer because she sucks worse.” and we get the inevitable “waste of a scholarship “ comment. Threads rapidly deteriorate and the insults fly. It’s happened many times in the past until we mods across all boards decided these threads just won’t work here.

By the way, Biff is nicer than me. He’s ok with time outs but if I see someone deliberately flouting the rules and refusing to cooperate after it’s pointed out to them, I think it’s time to part ways.

Zorro

Nuestro Zorro Amigo
Reaction Score
I have been posting on this board for about 20 years now, and have always tried to remember that I am a guest. Tom doesn´t have to keep this board going (witness the end of the cesspool!) and Biff, JS and Nan donate their time and effort for the love of the team, the school and the game. Anyone who finds the rules here too confining is free to leave.

Reaction Score
BOTTOM LINE - "Peace, Love, and Go HUSKIES" (no room for anything else) !!

PS - Luv Ya "Husky Nan" - Keep up the good work !!

1613841052190.png

Reaction Score
I have been posting on this board for about 20 years now, and have always tried to remember that I am a guest. Tom doesn´t have to keep this board going (witness the end of the cesspool!) and Biff, JS and Nan donate their time and effort for the love of the team, the school and the game. Anyone who finds the rules here too confining is free to leave.
Agree 100%; I am a rabid St. Johns MBB fan and posted on a private board, redmen.com, for about the same length of time, give or take. I recently parted ways with the board over a perceived bias on my part concerning political posting, which was ostensibly banned. [ ]

For my part, I decided enough was enough and it was time to just move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reaction Score
Agree 100%; I am a rabid St. Johns MBB fan and posted on a private board, redmen.com, for about the same length of time, give or take. I recently parted ways with the board over a perceived bias on my part concerning political posting, which was ostensibly banned. [ ]

For my part, I decided enough was enough and it was time to just move on.
Sorry about that

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Woody69