One last thing on Cam | The Boneyard

One last thing on Cam

Reaction Score
I think a thing Cam did not get enough credit for is improving his defense. While he is no Stephen Castle on the defensive end (and really who is), his progress from the the beginning of the season to the end was impressive. He went from being an obvious weak link to another cog in the machine. He learned how to use his height, quick hands and his footwork improved. That, as much as anything, should be something Hurley should bring up when talking to recruits. He took a pretty good player from the transfer portal and helped coach him into a probable second round pick and big piece of an NCAA championship team.

dennismenace

ONE MORE CAST
Reaction Score
Uconn guards rebound the best! Cam helped take some of the rebounding load off of Tristan. Amazing watching him sneak in sometimes right in front of the opponents bigs and sky up for the board. He was truly unforgettable. Loved the way he used to dis the opposing student sections when they got on him. The time he stared at them at the end of a game and pointed to the exit sign! I think the fans got a kick out of him too. LOL.

formerlurker

www.stjude.org
Reaction Score
Uconn guards rebound the best! Cam helped take some of the rebounding load off of Tristan. Amazing watching him sneak in sometimes right in front of the opponents bigs and sky up for the board. He was truly unforgettable. Loved the way he used to dis the opposing student sections when they got on him. The time he stared at them at the end of a game and pointed to the exit sign! I think the fans got a kick out of him too. LOL.
@HooperScooper

dingaling

“There’s no better feeling than winning.” K.Powers
Reaction Score
Cam had amazing timing on when to jump for a board. He also had an incredible nose for knowing where the ball was going. Along with choosing the right time to double or dig down on the ball, he was as important to this team as anyone. What a lucky break we got with him. Really hope he makes something of himself in the league. UConn legend.

Reaction Score
Cam does whatever he needs to do to win. Rebounds, forcing turnovers in the championship game. If he didn't transfer here, he'd be a nobody.

Reaction Score
It's a lost cause. The kid was a first team All American, Final Four MVP, won not one but two national championships in his time here, and he's on the wall. His name is as important as any of the greats on that wall. And yet some people on here refuse to spell his name right. At this point that's on them for being just plain dumb and disrespectful.

Reaction Score
Cam does whatever he needs to do to win. Rebounds, forcing turnovers in the championship game. If he didn't transfer here, he'd be a nobody.
Not necessarily, but let's just say the symbiotic relationship was good for both Cam and Uconn.

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Probably the most puzzling thing about this year's run. It seems like no one was able to expoit one on one matchups against our defense. The odds suggest that should have been a semi-successful as none of our guards would be considered overly quick. My guess is that there was always someone to slow down a pick or jump the driving lane enough to allow a recovery. No one really talked about it during games. It was all Clingan, and he was for sure a huge part of the scheme as a rim protector, but he's still only one guy.

Hans Sprungfeld

Undecided
Reaction Score
If he didn't transfer here, he'd be a nobody.
I'd say that he would either have been a nobody to UConn fans if he hadn't played for an opposing team, OR somebody we'd have deeply disliked if he'd played against UConn.

He and Castle are immediately vaulted into the top 5 (maybe top 3) of best and most impactful 1-year Huskies in program history.

I know the subject has been discussed, but who else qualifies for serious consideration besides Henefeld, Drummond, Kromah, Shonn Miller?

Without somebody pointing out my allowed for & solicited blind spot entry, Cam & Stephon are definitely top 3 along with Nadav.

Nadav's legend rests on his impact on a single season as member of a team that was uniquely transformational to the program's overall history.

Reaction Score
It's a lost cause. The kid was a first team All American, Final Four MVP, won not one but two national championships in his time here, and he's on the wall. His name is as important as any of the greats on that wall. And yet some people on here refuse to spell his name right. At this point that's on them for being just plain dumb and disrespectful.
Some people suck at spelling. Why is it that big of a deal?

Reaction Score
I'd say that he would either have been a nobody to UConn fans if he hadn't played for an opposing team, OR somebody we'd have deeply disliked if he'd played against UConn.

I know the subject has been discussed, but who else qualifies for serious consideration besides Henefeld, Drummond, Kromah, Shonn Miller?

Without somebody pointing out my allowed for & solicited blind spot entry, Cam & Stephon are definitely top 3 along with Nadav.

Nadav's legend rests on his impact on a single season as member of a team that was uniquely transformational to the program's overall history.
Dov, cam and Steph are top 3. The other 3 are not on this level. Very good players tho

Reaction Score
Probably the most puzzling thing about this year's run. It seems like no one was able to expoit one on one matchups against our defense. The odds suggest that should have been a semi-successful as none of our guards would be considered overly quick. My guess is that there was always someone to slow down a pick or jump the driving lane enough to allow a recovery. No one really talked about it during games. It was all Clingan, and he was for sure a huge part of the scheme as a rim protector, but he's still only one guy.

Agreed. We had an incredible perimeter defender in Castle who could guard any size and often got the other teams best offensive player 1-3. Then a very good and tall perimeter defender in Newton. Spencer often had the worst perimeter offensive player and he was tall enough where he could play a touch off this player to not get beat but long enough to still be able to defend a shot. Also, if you did get by Spencer, great -- now go try to score against Donny. Our defense this year was just insane.

Reaction Score
Why does this have to be the "last thing"? Are we not allowed to start new discussions about Cam? I hope we can.

:)

Reaction Score
To be fair, not even Castle is Stephen Castle.
I was waiting for this. I'm trying not to look up at the screen too much right now since it triggers headaches from my concussion that I got in my accident. All apologies to Stephon and thanks for the laugh.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22

Top Bottom