One KML stat worthy of its own thread | The Boneyard

One KML stat worthy of its own thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
In the NBA, a 50-40-90 shooting season (in terms of FG%-3PT%-FT%) is considered phenomenal. A player who can accomplish that has a shot at the MVP- a great shot.

Well, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis is shooting 53-51-92. Yep, that's 53% from the floor, 51% from behind the arc, and 92%.

There are (we hope) 11 games left in the season, but KML is on pace for historic numbers on her way out of college. And how fitting a conclusion to her college career would that be.

caramel

A potential star is born from the dust over time
Reaction Score
Yet,some were questioning her for being a little heavy,in their eyes.Goes to show you,talent and determination can hurdle any handicap that others may feel is there.I am sure,that the coaching staff,has to be pleased with what KML has accomplished this year,not only for herself,but for the team!

UcMiami

How it is
Reaction Score
The questions for pros will be ... is her defense good enough and can she get open enough to continue her strong shooting.

I actual think she has been pretty darned good defensively this year (and last) and while she is not great off the dribble, she is strong on post-ups and great at spot up shooting. She should have a long and successful pro career.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
And how fitting a conclusion to her college career would that be.
The only fitting end to KML's career is to walk off the floor in Tampa a back to back to back NCAA Champion. Noone will remember the numbers historic as they maybe.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The only fitting end to KML's career is to walk off the floor in Tampa a back to back to back NCAA Champion. Noone will remember the numbers historic as they maybe.

She could be in go-forward media guides with the best three-point shooting percentage in a season and the most treys for a season and for her career, and very likely as a two-time WBCA AA. Her numbers will not be forgotten.

That being said, given how she's played in her first three NCAA Tourneys, I like UConn's chances in this one. A lot.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Looking at how Maya, Diana, and Sue (plus others) improved their fitness in the WNBA, I think Kaleena would be best served by following their examples. That said, she has something that no one else does: The Lewis Launch. She would be the best 3-point shooter in the league. As she does at UConn, she'll be able to get her shot off in transition and by using screens. She is also a great passer now.

I totally agree on the point about her tourney play. She's 16-1, with only that painfully close ND game marring her record. She has scored in double figures in all 17 games. She's made All-Final Four teams and was the Regional MOP in Omaha. Like her mentor Kelly Faris, she is the Queen of the Postseason.

Reaction Score
In the NBA, a 50-40-90 shooting season (in terms of FG%-3PT%-FT%) is considered phenomenal. A player who can accomplish that has a shot at the MVP- a great shot.

Well, Kaleena Mosqueda-Lewis is shooting 53-51-92. Yep, that's 53% from the floor, 51% from behind the arc, and 92%. ...
OUTSTANDING!

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
There is another trick that KML has that I 'm not sure that any other WCBB or WNBA player has, and certainly not to the extent that she does, and it will help her in the pro's. Because of her sublime confidence in her three point shot and her practice with a number of different maneuevers, she can get the ball at the arc, fake out an approaching defender with a move that appears to make her look like she is going to drive in or move to the side, then square up and bury a 3. We saw her incredible fake and shed of Mitchell in the UScar game, but she also had something similar out on the wing last night where she threw a little fake to give herself more room then knocked down a three. Usually when a defender gets out and puts a hand in the shooter's face out there, the shooter will either give up on the 3 or move back or laterally to find a decent look. KML has something better.

Reaction Score
Yet,some were questioning her for being a little heavy,in their eyes.Goes to show you,talent and determination can hurdle any handicap that others may feel is there.I am sure,that the coaching staff,has to be pleased with what KML has accomplished this year,not only for herself,but for the team!
I still question her for being too heavy..if she was a lil more fit she would be quicker and be able to defend better and her stats would be even better than they are now...dont get me wrong she is a star but she could of been a super star

Reaction Score
I still question her for being too heavy..if she was a lil more fit she would be quicker and be able to defend better and her stats would be even better than they are now...dont get me wrong she is a star but she could of been a super star
She plays almost every minute of games she needs to. What did she play 37 against South Carolina? For every comment about her weight or fitness, I will show you a game where she plays almost the entire time. If she were such a defensive liability, do you think Geno would let her play that much?

DobbsRover2

Slap me 10
Reaction Score
What's the definition of a superstar? Being one of the Three to See sounds to me like she's pretty high up. On another team she would likely have taken 450 shots already, but on UConn she's taken the third most shots at 261. So she could be scoring a lot more points to maybe get to that "superstar" status, but on UConn the team is always more important than the superstar, and taking as may shots as the rest of those highly touted players is just not going to get done.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Kemba123#

Top Bottom