One Horrific Thought For Today | The Boneyard

One Horrific Thought For Today

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Do the events of this week mean that I'm supposed to be rooting for RU to beat the Scumineers? I don't think I can do it. This is probably going to be a football free day.

Someone please PM me when this BS is all over and maybe, maybe, I can care about college football again.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I thought perhaps some would say rooting for Edsall against BC.

Reaction Score
wait, we're on the deck of the Titanic and we're upset that people are getting in lifeboats?

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
I think it's West Virginia's contention that the 27 months doesn't apply to them.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
Yes, that Cuse-RU game was impossible to watch (not lonly because the football sucked). I can't bring myself to root for RU to win, if it means potentially winning the conference, but I don't want one of the 3 departing to win either. It might be funny to have Pitt win and bring even less fans than we did to a BCS game.

zls44

Your #icebus Tour Director
Reaction Score
Watch Eric LeGrand lead them out of the tunnel.

Then let me know if you have one iota of difficulty in picking who to root for.

Reaction Score
wait, we're on the deck of the Titanic and we're upset that people are getting in lifeboats?
My thoughts exactly. I don't blame WVU one bit, and won't blame Herbst for wanting the same thing, it's about time one of the football schools stood up and kicked the Big East leadership, who have always been beholdened to the basketball onlys, in the balls.

Reaction Score
Do the events of this week mean that I'm supposed to be rooting for RU to beat the Scumineers? I don't think I can do it. This is probably going to be a football free day.

Someone please PM me when this BS is all over and maybe, maybe, I can care about college football again.

Go WVU.

And, we'll see you in a few years, cause it ain't ending any time before then.

Reaction Score
We certainly don't want any of the defectors grabbing the BCS Bowl Bid. Whoever helps keep one of them from prevailing is who you should be rooting for. That means Rutgers USF, Cincy and Louisville.

Reaction Score
My thoughts exactly. I don't blame WVU one bit, and won't blame Herbst for wanting the same thing, it's about time one of the football schools stood up and kicked the Big East leadership, who have always been beholdened to the basketball onlys, in the balls.

Precisely the point. When I suggested this a few weeks ago, I was the idiot, debby downer. The fact is basketball held sway over football at UConn and Calhoun was front and center in helping UConn enter into this limbo hell. This is a giant cluster-"f " symbolic of the genreal lack of leadership that exists and has existed in State Government. We suffer constantly from small thinking. Governor You Sacrafice and I'll Spend should have been crawling up somebody's rearend to make something happen to reposition the school. Talk about econmic development. Moving the school into a power conference like the Big 10 would do unbelieveable things for the State and local business. You'd see the stadium expand and local business benefit tremendously by bringing in a hard core dedicated fan base from other schools. Instead of pissing away hundreds of millions on a Hartford- New Britain busline that has no utlity, we could have literally bought our way into a premier conference and reaped the benefits. Instead we have a the giant cluster, and a huge positive program bult over 1o years is in jeopardy of falling back to the stone ages.

I blame them all. Either you win or you're a loser, and we have losers running the show across the board from the Governor's Office, to the President and down to a washed up, journeyman Coach. Too harsh? Sorry, this game is for big boys and a lot of money and economic growth is at stake.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
You don't just move into the Big 10. They have to want you.

Reaction Score
If we offered to pay an entry fee of sufficient size, I thnk we get admitted. Obviously, 20MM is the new magic exit number. Maybe 20MM would get us someplace that saves a 100MM investment. If we can spend 200MM on a busline that serves no use, maybe we can think about slavaging something that is a great asset and can be built upon instead of watching flush down the tubes in ignomy.

Reaction Score
Watch Eric LeGrand lead them out of the tunnel.

Then let me know if you have one iota of difficulty in picking who to root for.
He was in the booth with the TV guys . He is a classy and inspirational young man.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
If we offered to pay an entry fee of sufficient size, I thnk we get admitted. Obviously, 20MM is the new magic exit number. Maybe 20MM would get us someplace that saves a 100MM investment. If we can spend 200MM on a busline that serves no use, maybe we can think about slavaging something that is a great asset and can be built upon instead of watching flush down the tubes in ignomy.

The Big 10 has all the money in the world. You can't buy your way in. The busline is mostly federal money. It's a ridiculously stupid idea (the busline), but it's not like you can move it from the busline to the Big 10.

whaler11

Head Happy Hour Coach
Reaction Score
That fell apart fast for Rutgers. Other than a few internet boneheads I don't really mind RU. I work with a lot of RU grads and the ones that are fans of the program are really good fans. Schiano's is entertaining - the helicopter stuff is funny, it doesn't make me hate them.

TRest

Horrible
Reaction Score
I find
That fell apart fast for Rutgers. Other than a few internet boneheads I don't really mind RU. I work with a lot of RU grads and the ones that are fans of the program are really good fans. Schiano's is entertaining - the helicopter stuff is funny, it doesn't make me hate them.
I find their internet fans (on the whole) such incredibly poor winners, I cannot stomach to see them ever actually win something significant. Many are still crowing about an upset of Louisville in 2006.

Reaction Score

I thought you like WVU?

Reaction Score
They would if we made it worth their while.

Yeah. You need to go to Amazon.com search for "Big 10 Membership", click "add to cart" quantity 1. And then go to check out.

Reaction Score
I rooted for WVU over Rutgers yesterday. Also for Maryland over BCU. For the conference I hope Cincy is back to the BCS.

Reaction Score
Yeah. You need to go to Amazon.com search for "Big 10 Membership", click "add to cart" quantity 1. And then go to check out.
Pretty much what is going on if you think about it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom