One dimensional offenses don't make it | The Boneyard

One dimensional offenses don't make it

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn couldn't get the running game going(except for the first series) and that killed the offense. We did the same thing to them. After that it's who made the least mistakes. UConn's defense won the game for us. The Husky offense lost it for us. The interception in the fourth quarter sealed our fate. So two games in the "D" can win games for us. Now it's on Deleone to prove the offense can win a few too.

McCombs needs to bulk up. I mentioned it in another post. Toddman would have broke a couple of those tackles and the final would have been 35-14 UConn. The quarterback situation is frightful at best. McEntee needs to know when to just take off and he doesn't have a clue. Nebrich is too inaccurate with his passing. Who knows why they won't play McCummings more but I'm sure there is a reason so.... it goes back to Deleone: GET THE BALL IN THE ENDZONE!!

Reaction Score
McCombs is solid -- he has good vision and judgment. But if he wants to be good, there have to be far more yards after contact.

Reaction Score
McCombs is solid -- he has good vision and judgment. But if he wants to be good, there have to be far more yards after contact.
And he needs to get some damn rest occasionally......He's not a 30 carry a game back at this point.

Reaction Score
McCombs has a chance to be something special. Just imagine if he could catch a football as well as he can run. Why do players at UConn struggle so much with this skill? McCombs needs his next drop to be in '12, he's used upmhismquota for this season just tonight.

junglehusky

Molotov Cocktail of Ugliness
Reaction Score
yeah... so if PP says "Really guys, this week DJ is totally healthy", do we say fool me once, shame on you, fool me three times...

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i think shoe was a decoy, gametime decision for planning purposes. hes prob still not good enough to go....

uconnbill

A Half full kind of guy
Reaction Score
Why would Pasqualoni say he is 92% ready then. To me that is ready enough, is it not.

Jax Husky

Larry Taylor did nothing wrong
Reaction Score
Something has to change with Shoemate. If he cant play, we are . This is a good team, but he is the toughness they need.

Reaction Score
why do people think Shoemate is any kind of answer....I watched the kid last year and there was nothing there that made me think we have some kind of player on the bench....

Everyone thinks the next guy on the bench is gonna be some sort of miracle cure....

Just cuz the kid went to USC does not mean he is gonna be an impact player at UCONN.

Reaction Score
Shoemate doesn't need to be an impact player. He just needs to carry the ball 10 times a game so that McCombs doesn't get burned out before we even start the Big East part of the schedule.

Reaction Score

McCombs is solid for what he is. A quick back who can run to a limited degree between the tackles. But, he is what he is - 170 LBs soaking wet. He has not held up through the course of these last two games. His stats fall off dramatically in the second half and it is clear to me he cannot be a workhorse back at 25+ carries a game. He will simply be a bloody pulp by the time we get to Morgantown if this staff does not figure out a way to reduce his carries.

What's truly scary to me is that there may not be another body the staff feel can spell him in the absense of DJ.....whom I assume is still hurt.

Reaction Score
Shoemate doesn't need to be a savior, but we need someone to take some carries. Mccombs is not ready for that kind of work load. Todman got limited carries as a freshman, shared the load as a sophomore, then carried the load last year. Brown didn't completely carry the load till his junior year. Its not fair to expect Mccombs to do it now.

Reaction Score
Shoemate doesn't need to be a savior, but we need someone to take some carries. Mccombs is not ready for that kind of work load. Todman got limited carries as a freshman, shared the load as a sophomore, then carried the load last year. Brown didn't completely carry the load till his junior year. Its not fair to expect Mccombs to do it now.

Exactly right! And McCombs does not have the body of either Brown or Todman. He absolutely cannot go a season at 25+ carries a game. He won't even come close to finishing a season at this rate.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom