One and Done Rule | Page 2 | The Boneyard

One and Done Rule

Reaction Score
Zion is obviously an exception but he’s basically escalating a show company bidding war for himself by how he’s playing this season. He’s going to cash in huge

Fairfield_1st

Sitting on this Barstool talking like a damn fool
Reaction Score
Would he answer the same way if he wasn't already paid by someone to go to Duke? So the question really would be, college for 1 year, possibly get hurt and possibly enhance your stock with no pay OR go right to the NBA.

Reaction Score
Most kids probably wouldn't be that high in the draft coming out of highschool (see Anfernee Simons and Mitchell Robinson). Barring an injury, two years in college would only help them bump their draft stock in my opinion. Zion, and a few others, are an exception, however.
True but comparing the #1 player in the class or near that level (A ben simmons, RJ Barrett, Zion, Anthony Davis, etc) would go a lot higher then players who weren't as highly ranked. Look at Harry Giles and Michael Porter as examples of players who went to College for a year, got hurt, and lost draft stock.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
For me personally, I feel that playing in the NCAA Final Four / Championship would be way more special than playing in the NBA Finals. Especially over the past decade with the creation of super teams in the NBA. March Madness always has this magical charm to it. The first two days of the tournament each year are better than Cha

Maybe Zion wants his chance to play in March Madness, experience college and mature as a person before going pro.

McLovin

Gangstas, what's up?
Reaction Score
Had to post the above because it was saved from earlier when I decided not to post.... I might have been the jinx that tore his ACL.......

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I'll concede that college is fun, and I'll acknowledge that I've never been an NBA lottery pick, but I'm pretty sure the college experience can be beaten. And one of the things that might beat it is being the first pick in the NBA draft.
Nope.

Right now, he’s a god playing for the best team in the country....as an 18-year old. In the NBA he will be part of the meat grinder for a terrible team with guys that have mortgages, kids and bills to pay.

the Q

Yowie Wowie. We’re gonna have so much fun here
Reaction Score
I'll concede that college is fun, and I'll acknowledge that I've never been an NBA lottery pick, but I'm pretty sure the college experience can be beaten. And one of the things that might beat it is being the first pick in the NBA draft.

Or being a millionaire in a city.

Reaction Score
Nope.

Right now, he’s a god playing for the best team in the country....as an 18-year old. In the NBA he will be part of the meat grinder for a terrible team with guys that have mortgages, kids and bills to pay.

Agree to disagree.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've heard a number of guys say they wish they stayed an extra year or two in college because it was so fun. Girls/basketball/parties.

They went to the league, and yes, got paid, but their life became a 24/7 grind. Basketball becomes a bit less fun, and more of a job (pun).

Now that said, I'd take the millions.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
coolbeans44

Top Bottom