Once again, the sum is less than the total of its parts. | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Once again, the sum is less than the total of its parts.

Rico444

In the mix for six
Reaction Score
That's kind of my point. The top three players on that team (Cliff, Phil, Tate) were better than anyone on the current roster.

Hurley is not immune from criticism at all. There are a number of things that I think he's either mis-managed or just gotten wrong from a game strategy standpoint. I've taken the time to identify those, as opposed to those who can't express a thought other than "we lost, coach bad", and can't recognize that Hurley has a lot to overcome from a talent standpoint.

I agree. It also wouldn't shock me if this team turned things around and won the NIT.

Reaction Score
One problem I think is that this isn’t a very well constructed team. I know it is fashionable now to have lots of interchangeable pieces. Villanova won a couple of titles that way so now everyone thinks they can copy. But my view is that we lack bigs and muscle inside. Vital is our best rebounder for heavens sake. We have too many wing/guard types. And we lack true guards. Finally the wing/guards don’t have the right game for the interchangeable player model. Critical to that model is the ability to take and hit 3s. None of Wilson, Bouknight or Adams does it effectively. Vital is the best but is too undisciplined. Polley was the best but was pretty streaky and he was more of a true wing not the hybrid. We are trying to use Akok as a 2 but it is not really a match for his skill set. He is a shot blocker, close to the basket guy but there really isn’t anyone else to play the 2, which is sort of like the fullback in football right now... a position that is becoming obsolete.

Reaction Score
One problem I think is that this isn’t a very well constructed team. I know it is fashionable now to have lots of interchangeable pieces. Villanova won a couple of titles that way so now everyone thinks they can copy. But my view is that we lack bigs and muscle inside. Vital is our best rebounder for heavens sake. We have too many wing/guard types. And we lack true guards. Finally the wing/guards don’t have the right game for the interchangeable player model. Critical to that model is the ability to take and hit 3s. None of Wilson, Bouknight or Adams does it effectively. Vital is the best but is too undisciplined. Polley was the best but was pretty streaky and he was more of a true wing not the hybrid. We are trying to use Akok as a 2 but it is not really a match for his skill set. He is a shot blocker, close to the basket guy but there really isn’t anyone else to play the 2, which is sort of like the fullback in football right now... a position that is becoming obsolete.
BTW, we can't shoot.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
deltaop99

Top Bottom