On To Nova | Page 2 | The Boneyard

On To Nova

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
UConn has announced that there are only 1,800 tickets left as of about a half an hour ago. That surprised me because the game isn't against a great team at all. If we could get to 1,000 tickets left, which I definitely think we will, it will be the same atmosphere like it was against Louisville. Being at that game I have to say it was a great. Anything better is just the cherry on top. Playing Villanova and it will get real loud! Big Red will be on the screen a few times! Can't wait!

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Excessive cockiness on the 'yard before a game, particularly a game against a long-standing heated rival that is having a down year, has always made me uncomfortable...bad for the Mojo!
They have a significant height and girth advantage inside with mobile, athletic big me (Yarou, Ochefu and Sutton), a physical scorer with whom we don't have a good defensive match (Pinkston) and dangerous outside shooters (Hilliard, Arcidacano, Yacoubou, Chennault and Bell). Coach Ollie will really need to push the right buttons to avoid an emotional let down.
We are doomed, DOOMED for sure!

Reaction Score
Pinkston is a tough match-up, DeAndre is going to have to play strong on D against him, I know Niels will give him a battle. Roscoe did a great job on him after getting switched onto him after last year's game got underway. Hopefully the refs actually call Pinkston for traveling in this game, not sure if his footwork has improved since last year but he got away with all kinds of extra steps in last year's game.

Reaction Score
They've lost to Columbia, providence (twice), and lasalle. If we come out looking for blood it should be a W. they got good size though with yarou(who is a hound on the glass) and their scoring 4 pinkston. We need to close out on all their threes, and frazzle their young guard archbishop or whatever

In fairness, they lost to Columbia and LaSalle in November, around the time UConn was going to double OT with Quinnipiac. (And didn't we go to OT with Providence?) They've also beaten Louisville and Syracuse so this one could definitely go either way. If we come out flat they could get whooped, which is true most nights I think.

Reaction Score
It definitely is a tough match-up. They beat 'Cuse at home, and St Johns by twelve. They're 6-6 in the conference, and have a RPI of 64. I don't see KO looking past them. Also, it's a 12:00pm game.

Reaction Score
Am I comfortable in my skin, yes. Conceited, not by a long shot. Just fascinated by human behavior and well aware that this isn't a major priority for lots of us. I was impressed at how you took my statement and came to your conclusion.

Edit: and what makes you think that I'm above exploiting human weakness?:)

You impress easily.

Reaction Score
I wish I could make this game, but I'm headed up to Beantown tomorrow to visit a dear friend (who is a BCU alum:oops:)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
wygyschk

Top Bottom