On this date 7 years ago | Page 2 | The Boneyard

On this date 7 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I miss Andre Dixon.
So do I. He's a private trainer in Bloomfield at Iron for Zion. He perpetually bleeds blue. I've seen him at games and he's stopped by our tailgate. He's been an interested and not too subtle observer of the current Husky football scene. He's not only a great guy but an inspirational one. I'd love to see his fighting spirited self on the UConn Staff.

ANDRE DIXON 10/11/2016
Back when it was THE RENT I don't care what conference you were from you didn't want to get off that flight in Hartford. We didn't win them all but you knew it would be a dog fight. Still waiting for #uconn to get back to punching teams in their face!!!!!! #Bleedblue

Uconnalliance

Please cancel the program all hope is lost
Reaction Score
Hopefully everyone enjoyed that killer video, because highlights like that will never be seen around here again

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
The U-C-O-N-N chant at that moment still gives me chills. This 2009 UConn team was my favorite of all their teams.
Would this 2009 team lose a game in the current AAC? I think Navy would still be close, just the nature of the beast, but my only push would Houston, but ball control and that punishing ground game would win the day.

Reaction Score
Would this 2009 team lose a game in the current AAC? I think Navy would still be close, just the nature of the beast, but my only push would Houston, but ball control and that punishing ground game would win the day.

They'd probably drop a couple games (at Houston, maybe another), but they played hard-nosed football, RBs and the OL were tough, D was bend & don't break, but better personnel. We not only returned kicks back then, but could run them back to the house. So much better in all facets of the game compared to what we have now. That team would be competing for the conference title no question.

Reaction Score
The next coach should play that video on a loop in the weight room so that the current team can remember what Uconn Football was at one time, and what it could be again. So much great stuff there. Offensive linemen drive blocking and picking off guys at the second level. Running backs demonstrating decisiveness and explosion in the running game. A defense playing fast, physical, and violent. Punt/Kick returners making big plays. Its almost too much to process when you contrast it to the current product on the field. Find the money, find a way, but the cancer of this program needs to be cut out stat.

Reaction Score

Don't know how I missed this the other day. My absolute best football memory of a UConn win over last 50+ years, hands down. I will play this back many times in next few days. Painful to think how far we have fallen. BRING BACK HCRE.

Bomber36

Respect All, Fear None.
Reaction Score
IMG_4232.JPG

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads