On this date 7 years ago | The Boneyard

On this date 7 years ago

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
It appears as if our football team forgot that mantra.

Reaction Score
Oh my God do I miss those days. Looking at all of the Santina and other videos, just breaks my heart on all great times we had. Think about the place we were at and with such great players and coaches, it's such a shame to see what has happened.
To those who don't want Coach Edsall back, learn to forget what he did, and remember what a great program that he built. The past 2 coaches have just destroyed the dreams. I want to believe that if he knew, he wouldn't have left for Maryland at midnight. He just wouldn't have left....

RioDog

Block C Bozo
Reaction Score
Yup good times. Santini's great work,, great players, TOUGHNESS, ground other teams down to a nub, AND P5 uniforms.

Reaction Score
Watching that, I found myself thinking that there were multiple offensive, defensive and special teams highlights from this one game. Could a comparable collection of plays be put together using the 11 games from this season? With the exception of any type of kick return, it could probably be done, but it's not a good sign to even need to wonder about that.

Reaction Score
Yes, please bring back the block C, maybe stick the dog in the middle...

Block C.jpg

Reaction Score
I'm a season ticket holder and I couldn't tell you what is on our helmet this year. I just don't notice these things.

Athlete94

UCONNGRD
Reaction Score
I'm a season ticket holder and I couldn't tell you what is on our helmet this year. I just don't notice these things.
Yeah so am I but it's a tradition that many know and love.. plus who cares what you think

Reaction Score
never forget walking down the ramp @ Notre Dame stadium to UCONN chants loudly echoing
Yep I was there too.
If you weren't there it's impossible to describe how loud we were on those ramps. you would have thought it was a UConn home game. Hell, i don't even think the Rent gets as loud as we were on the way out.

Reaction Score
Here's the Edsall post-game interview...notice the end as soon as he calls out the UConn fans, you hear the loud U-C-O-N-N chant as if it was meant to be.

Reaction Score
Those offensive lineman hit people. Man do I miss those days. Diaco needs to watch this, how tough we used to play in all phases and get a clue. You watch this and see what we are seeing now and it is no wonder the stands are empty.

Reaction Score
Makes you want to cry. The big time was at hand. We were there and it slipped away in no time with PP ineptitude and the BigEast implosion. The games were amazing, the crowds were rabid and the team dominated at the Rent. All Shiite away by a cadre of buffoons.

Reaction Score
other than the Final Four wins, my most memorable UConn Athletic experience

Reaction Score

Nah. Put that dog to sleep. If anything a small logo on the back of the helmet or on the neckline. Damn that Block C though. Dare I say iconic? It just looks so right. I hate when people try to fix things that aren't broken. Uconn's Uni and its 20 variations make it look like an AAC school. I love the old scheme. It was a timeless no frills look that suited the program's personality perfectly. Saturday is going to look like an Arena Football Game considering the hot mess that Tulane wears.

Reaction Score
Those offensive lineman hit people. Man do I miss those days. Diaco needs to watch this, how tough we used to play in all phases and get a clue. You watch this and see what we are seeing now and it is no wonder the stands are empty.
First thing after watching: THE PROGRAM WAS THERE !!!!!
SECOND THING: (The offensive line) PLEASE BRING BACK COACH FOLEY !!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RipBenEmek

Top Bottom