On the record draft predictions

Reaction Score
Curious to see everyone's draft predictions. I'm going:
Clingan #3 Memphis trades up
Castle # 4 Spurs
Spencer #47 Orlando
Newton #56 Denver

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
Castle # 4 Spurs
Spencer #47 Orlando
Newton #56 Denver
Set up a poll?

Reaction Score
Castle # 4 Spurs
Same. If Clingan does go 1, I think Castle goes 6 to Charlotte. But I think someone trades up/down and 3 is most likely spot.

Reaction Score
Clingan #1. I don't think he's as good as your traditional #1 pick but Sarr won't work out with the Hawks and the organization seems to be enamored with Clingan to the point where I don't think they would take a wing. Lots of buzz that the Hawks are trying to move back but in a draft like this might as well stay put. There isn't much consensus on how teams view the prospects and the quality of the draft (not that its a bad draft, just missing those top tier prospects) wouldn't create much value is a tradeback.

Castle #6. I know we have PTSD about Charlotte and Castle doesn't want to go to a team with a PG in place but I think his future in the NBA is a slashing wing with top D. Thinking like Bruce Bowen with Tyreke Evans' offense. Charlotte has a new regime and Castle would make a highly intriguing core with Ball and Miller.

I don't think Newton or Spencer get drafted.

Reaction Score
Lots of Risacher 1 noise right now. Rusillo and Vescaney ripped him apart on their podcast. I've never seen the kid play, but they did say he has no on ball skills at all, all catch and shoot. Vescaney has Clingan one in his mock, for what it's worth. Sarr seems like a lock for 2, unless someone trades up to grab him at 1.

Reaction Score
Clingan #1
Castle #6 :(
Spencer #53
Newton #54 Celtics And the Celtics issue a formal apology for taking Jordan Walsh (FG-42.6%,3pt-36%) for Maine Red Claws over AJ (50%, 37%) from 3 for Bucks ;)

Reaction Score
Clingan #1
Castle #4 (LOCK, pairing him with Wemby is the biggest no brainer of the draft)
Spencer #43 (Miami)
Newton #48 (Bring TNew & Castle both to SAS)

Reaction Score
My prediction:

Clingan: #1
Castle: #4 to Spurs
Spencer: #48 to Spurs
Newton: #54 to Celtics

(Wishful thinking)

Reaction Score
I don't understand the NBA and almost never watch it, but here are my guesses.

Castle - 3. Can't understand Sheppard being picked ahead of him. Makes no sense.
Clingan - 4.
Devin Carter - 8.
Tyler Kolek and Baylor Scheierman - mid 20s.
Cam Spencer - mid to late 30s (Bucks, Pacers, or Knicks).
Oso Ighodaro - 50ish
Tristen Newton - 50s (Celtics or Mavs).

Reaction Score
Bold prediction: both of UConn’s top picks will be drafted by teams trading for them.

Castle - 3rd pick to whichever team acquires the pick from Houston.

Clingan - 5th pick to a team that acquires it from Memphis.

Reaction Score
Clingan 4- Spurs.

Castle 5- Pistons.

Newton 49- Spurs

Spencer - 58 Mavericks.

Reaction Score
Clingan to Houston, Castle to San Antonio, Newton to Boston, Spencer to Dallas.

Reaction Score
I predict the coverage by espn will be painful. Last year I watched draft for first time in years, and lets just say Stephen a smith and monica mcnutt are not Mel Kiper jr. I was shocked how much entertainment it was rather than basketball analysis. I think Bilas was only one on panel with real bball insight. I guess that's espn these days

Last edited:
Reaction Score
Sorry not to be as specific as others.

Castle goes in top 3
DC goes 10-15

Hope I’m wrong about DC but Jezz if I’m a GM I’m easily signing Andre Drummond for a couple years.

Spencer gets drafted, and TNewt makes an NBA roster as UFA.

However, my track record for NBA talent sucks.

Last edited:

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Clingan #1. I don't think he's as good as your traditional #1 pick but Sarr won't work out with the Hawks and the organization seems to be enamored with Clingan to the point where I don't think they would take a wing. Lots of buzz that the Hawks are trying to move back but in a draft like this might as well stay put. There isn't much consensus on how teams view the prospects and the quality of the draft (not that its a bad draft, just missing those top tier prospects) wouldn't create much value is a tradeback.

Castle #6. I know we have PTSD about Charlotte and Castle doesn't want to go to a team with a PG in place but I think his future in the NBA is a slashing wing with top D. Thinking like Bruce Bowen with Tyreke Evans' offense. Charlotte has a new regime and Castle would make a highly intriguing core with Ball and Miller.

I don't think Newton or Spencer get drafted.
Ball will be injured so much that he will be playing a lot

Edward Sargent

Sargelak
Reaction Score
Clingan and Castle Top 10, Cam mid 2nd, Tristen late 2nd, oh and it will rain here in Florida at least once this week, there I am an expert!!

Mr. French

Tremendous Individual
Reaction Score
I’d confidently predict DC 1-3 and Castle 4-6.

My prediction / somewhat hope is:
DC 1 to ATL
Castle 4 to SA

Unfortunately the French kid (1 of them) might be there for SA at 4 if it goes DC, Risacher, Sheppard 1-3. In that case, Castle might drop to 5/6 but I don’t see him getting by Charlotte.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jfreeds

Top Bottom