On the fence | The Boneyard

On the fence

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I've always had a rule about never betting on UConn but now I sit here thinking about placing a sizable bet in Vegas for us to win the whole thing. I'm telling myself my rule about not betting on them only applies to betting on individual games, trying to rationalize why I can place the bet without thinking I'm jinxing anything.

CL82

NCAA Men’s Basketball National Champions - Again!
Reaction Score
UConn has made me a lot money over the years, often in championship years. It's all good.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
I've always had a rule about never betting on UConn but now I sit here thinking about placing a sizable bet in Vegas for us to win the whole thing. I'm telling myself my rule about not betting on them only applies to betting on individual games, trying to rationalize why I can place the bet without thinking I'm jinxing anything.

Place a wager for an amount where you could care less if you lose. That way, you're not jinxing anything. If you're butthole is tight because you could lose your stake (or fail to win a fortune), that is when you "duckck with the gods", so to speak, and screw up the mojo. jmo

Reaction Score
I generally follow that rule as well, but I won $4k in 2014 and it was tremendous. I put my $100 in this year at 60-1....

Reaction Score
You missed most of the value on this one but IMO still a good bet on anything north of 30-1. Another thread on this somewhere and many posters got 80-1 or better back in the summer. Holding a $250 ticket at 115-1 myself. If you have money laying around I say go for it...

Fishy

Elite Premium Poster
Reaction Score

I don't bet on UConn as a rule, but I have put down bets in Vegas on UConn winning the title twice.

It went well.

RichZ

Fort the ead!
Reaction Score

Just remember that if you do, and the season somehow turns out horribly, we will hold you 100% responsible.

JWILLDADDY101

Sailor2013
Reaction Score
In 2004 I had a friend going to Las Vegas for the weekend about this time of year. I had $200 that I planned to wager
on both Men's and Women's winning the championship. I can't remember but I think the odds were 500 to 1.
At the last minute I decided not to put the wager on them. I will live with regret for the rest of my life. I am thinking this is the year to do it again.....I didn't see 2014 coming. Does anyone know what the odds are right now for both mens and womens teams to win this year?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom