On a totally different note... | The Boneyard

On a totally different note...

Reaction Score
UConn has to reassess its "Play of the Game" timing or discontinue it altogether. If you are down by 8 points against a heavily favored team, done a miserable 3 & out, & give said team the ball back with great field position with 5+ minutes left to play, it's no time to run that crap on the Jumbotron. Credit to our defense, but any decent team would have rubbed UConn's noses in it with a sustained clock eating scoring drive. It's adding gasoline to the fire.
I know it's a "sponsored" bit but its a kindergarten move. The only actual time for it is if you have a comfortable lead with less than a minute to play if then, NOT when you are fighting to win a game.
Let's call it what it is: Just another poorly conceived money grab by the athletic department. The powers that be Just don't get it. Jim Brown had a philosophy about getting up after a play. He was asked why he just went back to the huddle after a great play or just jogged off the field after a touchdown run. His simple reply was "Why give the opposing team an edge on the next play?" The athletic department could learn a lesson from Big Jim.

UConnDan97

predicting undefeated seasons since 1983
Reaction Score
Agreed, and if I can add to your comment:

I'm convinced we have the worst PA people in the world! The second week in a row where they ask for a "minute of mayhem" directly after the other team scores. Braindead.

They constantly start to play music on top of the crowd chanting, band playing, or our traditional bell ringing. Braindead.

They're often late to play songs and therefore only get about 6 seconds out. Also, they get severely confused with when to play Welcome To The Jungle (3rd down) and Crazy Train (4th down), a tradition that they themselves had come up with.

Braindead...

Dream Jobbed 2.0

“Most definitely”
Reaction Score
Agreed, and if I can add to your comment:

I'm convinced we have the worst PA people in the world! The second week in a row where they ask for a "minute of mayhem" directly after the other team scores. Braindead.

They constantly start to play music on top of the crowd chanting, band playing, or our traditional bell ringing. Braindead.

They're often late to play songs and therefore only get about 6 seconds out. Also, they get severely confused with when to play Welcome To The Jungle (3rd down) and Crazy Train (4th down), a tradition that they themselves had come up with.

Braindead...
I always wonder goes through the heads of visiting fans from big time schools when they witness our operation.

Also, missed Gina yesterday...

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Texasfan01

Top Bottom