On a positive note | The Boneyard

On a positive note

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Of the rookies, Wreh-Wilson's spirited performance may have been the most significant. He was heavily penalized in his fist four games and allowed a terrible touchdown reception byAndy Dalton on a trick play in Cincinnati on Sept. 21, failing to intercept the ball or deck the quarterback.

Wreh-Wilson was a scratch last week in the collapse against the Browns because of a concussion suffered in Indianapolis.

In his return, he helped give the Titans some fire on defense in their first game without their outspoken leader, safety Bernard Pollard, who ruptured his right Achilles last week.

"Blidi's been struggling a little bit," McCourty said. "Me and him talked a lot this week. His ability to go out there and put everything behind him, and just focus on playing well was big for us. He brought a ton of energy, flying around, making tackles on the running back, making a huge interception. He played really well.

"It was exciting for me as an older guy to watch the way he played. In this league when you are first getting in there, you can question yourself a little bit, you're unsure of maybe what you can do. I think he showed himself the type of player he can be. That's the type of guy we know he is and the type of player we know he can be."

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mollykate
Top Bottom