On a positive note, something to look forward to... | The Boneyard

On a positive note, something to look forward to...

Status
Not open for further replies.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
...is that we're back to a UConn game no more infrequently than every three or four days! This ends the 12-day December break for finals and such until the Duke game, followed by five days until Cal, followed by another week (including Christmas) until Cincy. That was three games in 24 days.

Now, the next game is a few days off and starts a run of five games in the first 13 days of January, including the Baylor game.

Whew- I was going through withdraw!

doggydaddy

Grampysorus Rex
Reaction Score
...is that we're back to a UConn game no more infrequently than every three or four days! This ends the 12-day December break for finals and such until the Duke game, followed by five days until Cal, followed by another week (including Christmas) until Cincy. That was three games in 24 days.

Now, the next game is a few days off and starts a run of five games in the first 13 days of January, including the Baylor game.

I don't think some appreciate how the long time off between games can hurt the continuity of the offense. Between that and the need to reintegrate KML and Tuck into the rotation, the combination has made them look a little off.

I would bet that after a few more games, the team will look noticeable sharper. And Geno's comment to narrow the rotation to 7 players is more Geno motivation.

msf22b

Maestro
Reaction Score
Two thoughts:

Reduce to seven: which 2 are left out? Kiah? Soniya?…sometimes you really need Kiah and Soniya was hardly the worst.

Agree with Doggy, probably motivation…But next season, he loses Bria and brings in 4 star type, guard/wing types to bring the population of that position (leaving out Stewie) to 8 for an uncertain number of spots…as few as a 3.2

Should be interesting.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Yay! More basketball. It's about damn time! :)

I didn't see the game today, but like many, I'm disappointed. I watch the games to see good basketball, which we typically see in spurts. We are spoiled, because we rarely watch the games to see who wins. Let's face it, there are only 5-10 games before the NCAA tourney that are potentially competitive. After the fact, only few of them are close. That said, beating an improving, well-coached team by a 2:1 margin should be a source of at least a little happiness.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Yay! More basketball. It's about damn time! :)
Agree, this 5 game December was really poor scheduling......for us fans. :rolleyes:

Almost twice as many in January. :D

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
stanfordnyc