OMG, we lost a game | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OMG, we lost a game

Doctor Hoop

Prescribing Hardwood Excellence
Reaction Score
Two things can simultaneously be true.
1. This was a winnable game that we didn't win, and the breakdowns in the last 5 minutes were disturbing, as was the pathetic 3 point shooting. Responsibility for the loss can and should be apportioned to players and coaches alike.
2. Losing to a 7-1 Big 12 team on the road in December coached by a future hall of famer when you are down two starters isn't the worst blemish you could have on your record.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
Down two starters, playing their first true road game, against a quality opponent... we lost in the closing seconds. On December 8th

I'm OK with that. Rather win, who wouldn't. Nothing to cry about

On to the Bonnies

I'm not upset about losing. I'm upset at losing when it was obvious to all that we had the more talented team, even down two starters. We generated open look after open look and we missed them all. We grabbed boards and threw the ball away. We shot 3-21 from 3. Against Auburn 15-26. Now I don't expect that. How about the crappy 30% we shot vs VCU? That is (rounding down) 6 makes. So 9 more points and a win.

We lost two games. Against MSU we shot 12.5% on what were often contested looks. Last night, 14.3% on what were mostly wide open, no defender in the vicinity looks. Often by our best shooters. How in the world does that happen?

We lost a game we had no business losing to what appears to be a pretty bad team that plays terrible defense.

Reaction Score
Not to mention, that from a fouling strategy, we fouled the person we wanted to put on the line.

Osabuohein has to be one of the worst FT shooters I've ever seen. He alone counted for 6 of their FT misses. He's a big reason why their FT % was so low.
jordan GIF by SB Nation

SubbaBub

Your stupidity is ruining my country.
Reaction Score
Gave it away. WV earned some stuff but we had some comically bad plays and were out hustled yet more frantic in the last 5 minutes.

Reaction Score
I'm not upset about losing. I'm upset at losing when it was obvious to all that we had the more talented team, even down two starters. We generated open look after open look and we missed them all. We grabbed boards and threw the ball away. We shot 3-21 from 3. Against Auburn 15-26. Now I don't expect that. How about the crappy 30% we shot vs VCU? That is (rounding down) 6 makes. So 9 more points and a win.

We lost two games. Against MSU we shot 12.5% on what were often contested looks. Last night, 14.3% on what were mostly wide open, no defender in the vicinity looks. Often by our best shooters. How in the world does that happen?

We lost a game we had no business losing to what appears to be a pretty bad team that plays terrible defense.
I honestly want to know where this idea that WV is a bad team came from.

HuskyHawk

The triumphant return of the Blues Brothers.
Reaction Score
I honestly want to know where this idea that WV is a bad team came from.

I watched them play. They were awful. They hit some lucky 3s but their defense was terrible. They didn't rebound worth a damn in the first half. We should have been up 15 at half.

Reaction Score
I watched them play. They were awful. They hit some lucky 3s but their defense was terrible. They didn't rebound worth a damn in the first half. We should have been up 15 at half.
So nowhere. Just the good ol “eye test”

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
What makes them a quality opponent…..that their best win was Clemson?? We gave away a game to a totally inferior team: we should rejoice?? And looked completely scared, disorganized and disheveled in the process. Oh yeah, and collapsed in the last 5 minutes for the 4th time this year.

No, nothing to worry about here. Let’s just move on like everything is a ok. Got it.
The key here is inability to play with two starters. If anyone thinks WVU is not a worthy opponent, especially at home, is fooling themselves. And if WVU beat Clemson, who did UConn handle with ease, besides the cupcakes?
Yes, let’s move on. The chicken little attitude looks bad.

Reaction Score
This games reflects the fact that we looked good against weak opponents but can't score consistently against good ones. Or even slightly above average teams like WVU. They are not a great team and this loss could haunt us if we don't start beating good teams.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Simon

Top Bottom