OMG Boston College | The Boneyard

OMG Boston College

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
BC lost to Hampton of the MEAC, 71-63 at home.

The Eagles are now 4-7 as they approach the ACC season. I highly highly doubt they reach 10 wins. If they were still in the BE, they'd be challenging for last place -- a truly dubious place. Too bad BC & PC don't still play.

A sad, sad decline for a team that used to regularly make the NCAAs, and even win a game or 2. Sylvia Crawley needs to go.

But really the AD needs to go -- FB, MBB, & WBB have all plunged to their worst performances in decades.

Reaction Score
That's really pathetic. Not too long ago, they were fielding competitive teams and, if I recall correctly, there was one year -- I was there -- they beat UConn. I can't imagine the alums will tolerate that much of a decline in other sports, and maybe women's basketball will be dragged upward along with the others.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
But, but, but, they're better off being the only game in town in the ACC and not having a strong regional rival to generate interest. The results on the field of play clearly demonstrate this.

Reaction Score
But, but, but, they're better off being the only game in town in the ACC and not having a strong regional rival to generate interest. The results on the field of play clearly demonstrate this.

The number of fans does not produce results; having good coaches does.

alexrgct

RIP, Alex
Reaction Score
The number of fans does not produce results; having good coaches does.
Somewhat chicken and egg. Good coaches can produce results, but other factors can also produce an environment that attracts fans, recruits, and money. And having a situation where the fans, recruiting, and money are already in place can attract good coaches. Urban Meyer, Brad Stevens, and Nikki Caldwell haven't been beating down BC's doors (BTW, I'm not saying those are equivalent coaches in their respective sports, just that each of them either is or recently was a hot coaching commodity).

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
The once-proud team that kept Diana Taurasi from winning a third Big East tournament and then beat us again!

Suggestion: Kick them out of the ACC and replace them with UConn.

Reaction Score
And keep in mind that AD DeFellippo also canned Cathy Inglese as WBB coach. She was a class act who consistently challenged Geno in recruiting and put well-coached teams on the floor.

speedoo

Big Apple Big Dog
Reaction Score
And keep in mind that AD DeFellippo also canned Cathy Inglese as WBB coach. She was a class act who consistently challenged Geno in recruiting and put well-coached teams on the floor.
Is that a fact? I always wondered what caused her to leave BC. Heck of a coach. She is at URI now, but I can't find any info on how she's doing there, other than getting the NCAA Regional Championship for this year.

Coler

LSU/Rutgers fan
Reaction Score
Is that a fact? I always wondered what caused her to leave BC. Heck of a coach. She is at URI now, but I can't find any info on how she's doing there, other than getting the NCAA Regional Championship for this year.

Their 1-11 to begin the year. Doesn't seem like they will make it to the tourny to enjoy that Regional.

triaddukefan

Tobacco Road Gastronomer
Reaction Score
Hampton is actually a pretty decent team for a lower mid-major. They gave Kentucky everything they wanted last year in the first round.... probably should have won the game... but missed some key free throws down the stretch... if i remember correctly.

Hampton also beat Big East member Pitt at Pitt earlier this season .:rolleyes:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul