OMG Actual Women's Basketball Article | The Boneyard

OMG Actual Women's Basketball Article

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
"It was easy to be like, 'Yeah, of course, who wouldn't want to work with the players and staff at UConn?' But I really liked everything at DePaul. I liked learning from Doug. It's special at DePaul. It was difficult leaving the players and people in the program. But I knew leaving was the best thing for me and the right thing for me to do. I was at UConn for two years and I knew what an opportunity it was."

"I'm just about settled in, just a few more things for my office," Lister said with a laugh. "But thinking about being a coach here that feeling is surreal sometimes."

"It's America so any of my assistants are free to do what they want," Bruno told the Waterbury Republican-American. "But I request of my assistants that they never leave my program for a lateral move to any assistant coaches job. And any assistant job in the country I consider lateral, except in this instance. Before Jas took the job, we talked about how I didn't consider UConn's assistant job as lateral. I told her, 'You started there. If something opens at UConn, obviously I am going to understand that you will need to go take it.'

"I want my assistants at DePaul to get head coaching jobs and not other assistant coaching jobs, but the exception here is Jas Lister and UConn. So it was a no brainer to me when Geno called me to sit down with Jas. If she was my daughter I would tell her to go."

Jasmine Lister excited to be back with Auriemma, Huskies

Doug and Geno are great friends eh.

A bonus report on Christyn too:

"Only two players -- seniors Napheesa Collier and Katie Lou Samuelson -- were at UConn when Lister was a graduate assistant. Lister is expected to work primarily with the guards here, and that includes freshman Christyn Williams, the 2018 consensus high school Player of the Year.

"I am super-excited for that," Lister said. "Christyn is doing well. The big thing this summer is we want her to get accustomed to the things that we do and how hard the players work at this level and for her to embrace her role. I've only had a few weeks with her and there are no guarantees, but I expect her to do really well."

Last edited:

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
DbKp8ePWsAAYTaJ.jpg

Doug calls her Jas. That works.

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
"Her strength is her total package. She is smart about the game of basketball, relates with people extremely well and is an effective teacher on the floor. She did an excellent job scouting and an excellent job recruiting. "One of her best qualities is she is magnificent at handing constructive conflict.

You can't be part of an intercollegiate basketball staff without having constructive conflict and disagreements. Some coaches take much needed constructive conflict personally. I thought Jas was exquisite in her maturity of managing any kind of conflict that came up. You can't be a great team or an effective team without good strong, constructive conflict, and she managed that with a real high level of maturity." ~
Doug Bruno on Jasmine Lister.

Lister will be an excellent addition to the staff on and off the court as well as recruiting. I don't think too much importance can be paid to the fact that she just turned 26 (Born May 12, 1992). In some cases, she's only 5-6 years older than some of the players, thus she can relate to them, and they to her, knowing that she's recently had to deal with many of the same (off/on court) challenges they are.

The fact that she's had the opportunity to work at two different programs and interact with players from various backgrounds and challenges, enabled her to learn and take away something from each stop. In spite of all the available assistants available for hire, it's interesting that it didn't take Geno long to figure out who he wanted to replace Marisa. :p

A polished and effective recruiter is worth her/his weight in gold. Mosley is gone, and we all wish her well, but I really don't think UConn misses a beat here with the hire of Lister. The girls will love her. Being a newbie, you know she's going to do her best to impress, and make an immediate positive impact on the program. :cool:

Last edited by a moderator:

DavidinNaples

11 is way better than 2..!! :)
Reaction Score
Five quick facts about Jasmine Lister:
1. Started every game (129) of her career at Vanderbilt.
2. Named WBCA All-American Honorable Mention as a Senior.
3. Finished her career with a Vandy record of 4,626 minutes of playing time.
4. Hometown is Corona, California.
5. Has a twin sister named Cinnamon who played at Cal State Northridge.

Go Huskies..!!

Last edited:

Carnac

That venerable sage from the west
Reaction Score
We need a Big so can we have ONO please. Thanks.

You sure can.....................in four years. We'll get her ready for you. ;)

Last edited by a moderator:

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Five quick facts about Jasmine Lister:
1. Started every game (129) of her career at Vanderbilt.
2. Named WBCA All-American Honorable Mention as a Senior.
3. Finished her career with 4,626 minutes of playing time.
4. Hometown is Corona, California.
5. Has a twin sister named Cinnamon who played at Cal State Northridge.

Go Huskies..!!
1. Who says that freshmen don’t start. She’ll try to bring the Legend up to speed and fast track her.

3. That was the record at Vandy and may still be.

4. That’s just down the road from Chino Hills, home of the GOAT.

MilfordHusky

Voice of Reason
Reaction Score
Let me get this right:

Jas was the Graduate Assistant for the great teams that included Stewie, Moriah, and Tuck and had one OT loss, but swept the rest of their games and won 2 National Championships.

Jas was the Assistant Coach of the leading scorer in NCAA history.

Jas was the Assistant Coach for the Big East champions.

She has crammed a lot of success into only 4 years.

Thinking about it, we haven’t won a National Championship since Jas left. Just sayin’.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sad Tiger

Top Bottom