OMG: A CW Article | Page 2 | The Boneyard

OMG: A CW Article

Reaction Score
Meg doesn't need a sophomore leap. She just needs playing time, which she'll be getting at least a bit of in the next 2 months. Next year when she starts, we'll call it a sophomore leap, but if she were starting right now, she'd be FOY. She's that good, IMO.

CocoHusky

1,000,001 BY points
Reaction Score
I can give assurance she will work hard--but I'm fairly sure there is no way she can be prepared to play Uconn defense. But she will work to do it the way Geno dictates--with an Okey Dokey, and yes sir.
Kia Nurse as a Freshmen was prepared why not CW?

Reaction Score
Kia Nurse as a Freshmen was prepared why not CW?
I like your thinking--I could tell you all you know already about KIA--But I'd sure like to have CW game ready as a Frosh. Kia a super special case. I'm as high on CW as I was with Megan Walker when she opted to join Uconn --She and I both lived in North Little Rock, Ark--I lived up near Fort Root, off of Scenic Hill Rd. My kids went to Ole Main, HS.

Reaction Score
Meg doesn't need a sophomore leap. She just needs playing time, which she'll be getting at least a bit of in the next 2 months. Next year when she starts, we'll call it a sophomore leap, but if she were starting right now, she'd be FOY. She's that good, IMO.
My goodness--just wonderful. From your fingers to Geno's brain. Geno has seen what many of us thought we saw earlier; Megan is a special talent. Plays good (maybe OK) defense, has no fear,understands the offense Geno uses, when the need is there can score in bunches. Add to all that she leaps well (no Gabby) and rebounds. Bill Russell will tell you Rebounding isn't all about size--it's knowing as the shot goes up where it may careen to (takes math and physic skills to calculate (mentally) the angles of incident and /reflection/refraction. (that's part of my dumb jock lecture).
I could not agree more with second half of your second sentence. I absolutely agree.

JordyG

Stake in my pocket, Vlad to see you
Reaction Score
I know this moves the discussion in a bit of a different direction, but watching Baylor last night and knowing what trouble other teams with "big bigs" have caused UConn, it seems important that Batouly comes around and that Kyla gets tough under the boards. UConn needs some space eaters.
Yeah. Gonna need Touly more than ever against big teams.

RockyMTblue2

Don't Look Up!
Reaction Score
Yeah. Gonna need Touly more than ever against big teams.

I sincerely hope she becomes a significant inside presence. Right now something of an enigma.

Reaction Score
Who do you expect to sit for her?
Walker, I think she will still be the 6th man next year, with Kia moving on, Williams could have a chance to start. Geno could move Lou to the shooting guard, but similar to his reasons for not starting Z this year , why move players out of there natural position? Crystal, Christyn, Lou, Napheesa, and Z could be the starting line up next year. Doty started in the 2009 season over some upperclassmen because she worked hard and was able to gain the trust of the coaches, and because she provided the starting line up with something it needed.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Chino323

Top Bottom