Omar's Got the Mental Approach to the Game Down | The Boneyard

Omar's Got the Mental Approach to the Game Down

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Chief00

I know some don't like it when I talk about the importance of game prep. I had a good conversation with Jerome last summer and I know it is a regret of his that he did not listen to his coaches more on that key issue. Jerome always played hard but that toughness could have been channeled better. Guys mature at different rates. Well it is great to see a Freshmen recognize the importance of game prep.

"I'm definitely getting more comfortable with the speed of the game," Calhoun said. "I'm seeing everything. It feels like regular basketball for me, I can get to where I want on the floor. The game has slowed down for me, I'm seeing it, reading it. That comes from watching film, too, staying in the gym, kind of realizing things and seeing different things on the floor."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-men/hc-uconn-men-0218-20130217,0,3754944.story?obref=obinsite

Reaction Score
I know some don't like it when I talk about the importance of game prep. I had a good conversation with Jerome last summer and I know it is a regret of his that he did not listen to his coaches more on that key issue. Jerome always played hard but that toughness could have been channeled better. Guys mature at different rates. Well it is great to see a Freshmen recognize the importance of game prep.

"I'm definitely getting more comfortable with the speed of the game," Calhoun said. "I'm seeing everything. It feels like regular basketball for me, I can get to where I want on the floor. The game has slowed down for me, I'm seeing it, reading it. That comes from watching film, too, staying in the gym, kind of realizing things and seeing different things on the floor."

http://www.courant.com/sports/uconn-men/hc-uconn-men-0218-20130217,0,3754944.story?obref=obinsite

No one cares when you talk about game prep. It's the repeated Dyson references. It's been three years. Move on.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
No one cares when you talk about game prep. It's the repeated Dyson references. It's been three years. Move on.
He lacks poster preparation!:)

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Its good to get kids that come in 100% focused. I can see Omar playing the 3 spot for his entire Uconn career and then being drafted as a 2.

tykurez

For Your Health
Reaction Score

If only Jerome had that conversation with Chief back then. We'd have a 4th national championship and he'd be starting in the NBA.

C

Chief00

Ray, Ben Gordon and Rip were focused good students of the game, who also had talent - they all did pretty good.

C

Chief00

If only Jerome had that conversation with Chief back then. We'd have a 4th national championship and he'd be starting in the NBA.
I would not have said anything that Calhoun did not say to him - he just wasn't ready to listen then. Now he is - its all part of maturing.

Reaction Score
You know who has the mental approach down? Jamal Coombs-McDaniel. That kids got mental preparedness for days.

Reactions: THC

Horatio

I’m Heat Miser and your Rudolph…
Reaction Score
Ray, Ben Gordon and Rip were focused good students of the game, who also had talent - they all did pretty good.

They were focused. I think the most completely focused kid I've seen from start to finish was Jeff Adrien. A no- nonsense a** kicker from day one.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Newbie32

Top Bottom