Omar | The Boneyard

Omar

Status
Not open for further replies.
H

huskymagic

Omar is outplaying all of the guards. Hamilton and Boatright terrible passes and handling of the ball so far. Rakim is proving me right again, he is outplaying Nolan for sure and hes outplaying Kentan as well.

H

huskymagic

The Buick and Hamilton finishing ability has been terrible so far getting swatted by Cinci like they are high school players.

Reaction Score
The car jokes regarding Purvis jumped the shark, they were actually never funny.
How does this fit in this thread?

Re: Omar - Kid plays hard, gets boards, and is hitting his shots. I want to see him out there 25+ a game while he's contributing.

Reaction Score
Omar's offense is coming along nicely.

Unfortunately, he's getting burned badly on defense.

Reaction Score

Re: Omar - Kid plays hard, gets boards, and is hitting his shots. I want to see him out there 25+ a game while he's contributing.

I didn't get it either. I'm sure most didn't. Hit "Show Ignored Content" to see a poster you, and most everyone has blocked for months/years.

Reaction Score

Huskymagic called Purvis the Buick.

Reaction Score
This post was to jab all the haters who were KILLING Omar earlier in the year. From the "hes faking injury to redshirt so he can transfer" to "omar is terrible and was never good" "All he does is shoot 3's which he never makes" I think a month ago or so right before the Texas game I posted a stat line from Omar's game vs Louisville. IIRC he had something like 20 points and 4 or 5 boards against a VERY good Lville team. I was just showing all you guys who doubted Omar was good that we still had him as a weapon this year. And he would be a huge addition to our team when he is healthy. Starting to look pretty solid to me now. It amazes me how so many people on this board who I would say are all diehards, could talk so negatively about there own players. Some of you guys love to beat a dude when hes down. He's a HUSKY and hes OUR HUSKY. So lets stop being so negative about players and stop beating them up. Or else they just might make you eat your words like Omar is doing today. ATTA BOY OMAR!!!!!

Reaction Score
Omar's a little more talented than Rashad... being injured had folks forgetting about his abilities on the basketball court.. He's back folks... and he's playing better than DHam right now...

Reaction Score
Omar's a little more talented than Rashad... being injured had folks forgetting about his abilities on the basketball court.. He's back folks... and he's playing better than DHam right now...
Agree that Omar is more talented than Rashad but if we need a 3 in a pressure situation I take Rashad. The thing that surprises me is how much quicker Omar is. He is penetrating and playing much better D.

Reaction Score
I try to stay out of the game-by-game "he's awesome, he sucks" argument. But after a few games now, I'm just happy for Omar. He has to be walking around with a constant smile. Kudos to KO also for giving Omar and others a chance to earn time on the floor.

Reaction Score
very happy for Omar, we're going to need more of him down the stretch

Reaction Score
Omar played great today, and I love to see him playing well and enjoying basketball. That being said, he struggled against the press and still tends to get lost on defense. Until this improve, his minutes will stay put. Still, great outings for Omar lately!

Reaction Score
UConn sorely needs a player who can make a big shot in a key situation and Calhoun is slowly looking like he's that guy .

Reaction Score
Omar played great today, and I love to see him playing well and enjoying basketball. That being said, he struggled against the press and still tends to get lost on defense. Until this improve, his minutes will stay put. Still, great outings for Omar lately!
He is no worse against the press and defense than some players who are starting.

Reaction Score
UConn sorely needs a player who can make a big shot in a key situation and Calhoun is slowly looking like he's that guy .
He is imerging as this years Niels Giffey.
I loved NG.
Also Like him coming off the bench.
He should be far less emotionally fragile than RP,or DHam.
One a freshman and the other trying to prove he belongs.
Both hugely talented. Unfinished products.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom