Omar | The Boneyard

Omar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Joobie

Bookie
Reaction Score
I try to walk at Gample everyday when the weather is too cold to walk outdoors. Just got back from my daily regimen & while I was over there, saw Omar, alone, working on his shot. Kid's a KEEPER!

Reaction Score
Its his birthday today, been trying to find him all day to wish him a happy bday

Reaction Score
I love hearing about this. When I was a junior in 04 my team had 6am workouts in Gampel, and Ben Gordon would always be there shooting by himself.

Reaction Score
Shouldn't he also be working on his handle as it seems a little suspect. He doesn't really seem to have much quickness. Really just reminds me of a RA at this time of his career. I hope to see more.

CTBasketball

Former Owner of the Pizza Thread
Reaction Score
I think Niels Giffey could be the next Rashad Anderson...

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Shouldn't he also be working on his handle as it seems a little suspect. He doesn't really seem to have much quickness. Really just reminds me of a RA at this time of his career. I hope to see more.

I have no idea why he is working on his shot. What a waste of time. He really should be working on his height, which seems a little suspect. He would be a much better player if he were 7' 1". Really just reminds me of a Muggsy Bogues. I hope to see more growth.

ctchamps

We are UConn!! 4>1 But 5>>>>1 is even better!
Reaction Score
KO thinks the world of this kid. He is definitely prone to freshman mistakes but I think he is going to be great before he finishes his career at UConn.

Reaction Score
I have no idea why he is working on his shot. What a waste of time. He really should be working on his height, which seems a little suspect. He would be a much better player if he were 7' 1". Really just reminds me of a Muggsy Bogues. I hope to see more growth.
Huh? I never said working on something he can't improve. I just wish he had a little more game than being a setup shooter. If he worked on his handle a little bit more he could actually have the ability to drive and not just settle for a jump shot. I don't find his handle to be his strength. Really I just see RA in his game. I hope I'm wrong and he has more diversity to his game but I don't really see it yet.

rbny1

Gotham Husky Fanatic
Reaction Score
Huh? I never said working on something he can't improve. I just wish he had a little more game than being a setup shooter. If he worked on his handle a little bit more he could actually have the ability to drive and not just settle for a jump shot. I don't find his handle to be his strength. Really I just see RA in his game. I hope I'm wrong and he has more diversity to his game but I don't really see it yet.

I was just giving you a rough time. Maybe he is working on his handle. Time will tell. I think it's hard to judge any player after only a few games.

Reaction Score
I was just giving you a rough time. Maybe he is working on his handle. Time will tell. I think it's hard to judge any player after only a few games.
That is true. I think he can develop into a L. Moten(Syracuse guy from a few years back) if he improves his handle and incorporates a mid-range game.

Reaction Score

Some of these player comparisons are mystifying. He reminds you of Rashad Anderson?

H

Husk-E

Apparently the shooting helped, had a great game yesterday, his best of the season to me at least. Happy birthday Omar!

Reaction Score

Gee, not expecting much for a 6 game career. We've had point guards as freshman look worst with the ball (remember Taliek as a freshman vs. that little providence kid). Average 10 pts per game and 2 turnovers is an ok start. How clumbsy and suspect was/is Ben Gordon's handle, a # 3 NBA pick. Even as a freshman Omar has a better handle than the senior RA. Watch him on defense, looks plenty quick enough to guard out past the 3 point line; has made some nice drives for layups and pull ups.
Seems like a lot of complaints about the players abilities for a bunch of hard workers, many of whom are getting 1st real minutes (DD, Giff and TO) where they "are" the guys and Omar who is a freshman.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WillngtnOak

Top Bottom