Omar vs Cassell | The Boneyard

Omar vs Cassell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
These two guys will probably be battling for minutes this year and cassell made a big statement today. He looked very good from three. Sam has some ball handling ability that Omar doesn't. If Sam is also going to shoot better, Omar is going to finish his career on the bench.

Or maybe Sam was just hot today. Maybe Omar will be hot tomorrow.

Reaction Score
I thought about it some more and i sorta like both guys off the bench. Both have shown the ability to throw up bricks on a bad night and hit 2 or 3 threes on a good night.

All of our bench looks decent. All the guys who drove us crazy when they received starter minutes look great as reserves. Kentan especially. He eats up the reserve bigs for other teams.

caw

Reaction Score
Cassell is a good shooter when he goes straight up and down on his shot.

Reaction Score
Cassell is a good shooter when he goes straight up and down on his shot.
I agree and he has some point guard abilities that Omar would never possess that makes him an additional asset.

caw

Reaction Score
One decent game does not a season make.

Can we relax and just enjoy this team? The season has barely started.

They both bring things that can help the team. Calhoun does look a lot more athletic than last year and it also appears his handle has improved.

huskyharry

Hooyah
Reaction Score
Both have specific talents that make them useful for situational substitution. If we are having trouble with the opponent's pressure defense or need better ball movement against the zone, then Sam is the man.
If we need more defense and rebounding out of the three slot, then call on Omar.

Reaction Score
I think we can be all inclusive instead of this player vice that player or this player or that player. Any night somebody can step up. That is the beauty of this team. When you can get quality minutes 1 - 10, you can put relentless pressure on the opponent. Every player will have up and down nights, however, when you have this many dudes ballin, a bad night by a player can be less impactfull. Love seeing the seedlings blossom.

Reaction Score
I thought about it some more
This seems to be an (unfortunate) theme of your posting: doing so before really thinking.

I can only imagine what you were saying about Sam and Omar after the first 3 games.

Reaction Score
I think the will both get in the game. The one that shoots it well that game gets more time than the other.

Reaction Score
I agree, it is going to be one of those cool teams where there are a number of guys with potential to score, which makes it even harder to stop....as long as we consistency from our five....the back ups can shine on different nights.
I think we can be all inclusive instead of this player vice that player or this player or that player. Any night somebody can step up. That is the beauty of this team. When you can get quality minutes 1 - 10, you can put relentless pressure on the opponent. Every player will have up and down nights, however, when you have this many dudes ballin, a bad night by a player can be less impactfull. Love seeing the seedlings blossom.

Reaction Score
I agree, it is going to be one of those cool teams where there are a number of guys with potential to score, which makes it even harder to stop....as long as we consistency from our five....the back ups can shine on different nights.
The challenge gets tougher today. We'll see how well the spare parts hold up under stress. I think they'll rise to the occasion.

Reaction Score
Omar is more active overall and looks healthy no doubt. And Sam too, and he's proving he's a more important piece than we thought from last year. The kid is a little slow we know, but he's a solid passer and can make shots as we've seen. Not much more you can ask from #4 right?

C

Chief00

I agree let's just enjoy the season. I also don't see it as mutual exclusive, there are a lot of moving parts on this team.

Quite frankly, a few weeks ago some posters wanted Sam out of the rotation and I said that would not happen. He is liked and respected by both teammates and coaches. He is a big part of the team off the court. As for on the court, the kid was injuried last season - he can shoot in the flow of the game - when a team has good ball movement. He also can handle the ball a little. True, he doesn't have great athleticism but he will be part of Coach Ollie's rotation and he will hit some key shots.

Reaction Score
It is going to be whoever is making their shots. Omar is the better defender. Sam may have been the difference last night.

Reaction Score
I think like last night it should be the hot hand. If Sam is hot, he's the 4th guard. If Omar's hot, he's the 4th guard. If neither, shorten the rotation. If both, good luxury to have.

Reaction Score
Omar just needs to play like an experienced player, not a freshman. And Cassell need to get straight up, with legs under him for jump shot.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score

They are enjoying the team. They're excited.

Reaction Score
In any given game the available backcourt/wing reserve minutes are likely going to one or the other depending on need and performance. If I were KO, and Sam comes in and plays like he did and I need offence, he'll my guy. If the need is more defense, I think Omar might get the nod, but Sam seemed a tad quicker yesterday compared to how he played before he had the hip surgery.

My guess is on most nights, KO will give them each at least one shift and whichever of the two contribute most will get the balance of those reserve minutes. With that said, I was very impressed with how SCJr has played the last couple games and continue to be concerned with how much Omar continues to to struggle with his jumpshot.

gtcam

Diehard since '65
Reaction Score
It is going to be whoever is making their shots. Omar is the better defender. Sam may have been the difference last night.

If Omar is a better defender................Wow
That means SCJr can't defend a chair

Reaction Score

We're trying to (most of us anyway). They just made it hard for us to do so today. Losses happen, but for me, it's the bad decision making today that has driven me a bit crazy. For the most part it is correctable, although I suspect Rodney will continue to drive us nuts on a game in game out basis.

intlzncster

i fart in your general direction
Reaction Score
Quite frankly, a few weeks ago some posters wanted Sam out of the rotation and I said that would not happen. He is liked and respected by both teammates and coaches. He is a big part of the team off the court. As for on the court.

Bless you chief, never change.

Reaction Score
I think both Cassell & Calhoun have played reasonably good in Paradise.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MTSuitsky

Top Bottom