Omar Fortt “ All Things Are Possible if you Believe “ | Page 2 | The Boneyard

Omar Fortt “ All Things Are Possible if you Believe “

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
At some point you morons should really check the scoreboard and realize how insanely off base most of you have been for the better part of the last decade.

Since the Fiesta Bowl we are 30-79, and the last four seasons we are 9-39.

And every single season the usual suspects post the same drivel about how they look great in the spring game, or player X has gotten bigger stronger faster, or how this is the year we surprise everyone and win 6 games.

The vast majority of you don't have a leg to stand as far as predictions are concerned, and not only that, but the idea you mock the last handful of people here that have any sense of reality is even funnier.
And you don't really have a clue as to what next year's team will look like either "moron". But that's okay, at least we know that you are good for a negative opinion.

Reaction Score
Omar’s arms, circa 2019!
1623279830629.jpeg

Reaction Score
There isn't really much of a choice here. Either start the season with a hopeful mindset and look for signs of improvement or go the easy path of throwing stones and casting doubt. Regardless, the season is close and when it comes we'll see what the right POV was.
That's the beauty of it, isn't it? Those that chose the latter would happily be wrong. Well, most anyway.

Reaction Score
Glad Fortt believes but even happier he prepares. All the magical thinking in the world means nothing without preparation, sacrifice, teamwork, talent, coaching and execution. I suspect we may finally see some improvements from recent facilities upgrades as well.

Reaction Score
At some point you morons should really check the scoreboard and realize how insanely off base most of you have been for the better part of the last decade.
No attack but in my opinion high school and college fans that remain true, loyal and optimistic about their schools up coming season are not morons.
To call real fans, parents and relatives dumb for their hopes and predictions is really moronic. Nobody is dumb for having high hopes and keeping an optimistic attitude for the future.
Trust me, against my better judgment I still remain optimistic and hopeful about the program in the long term as an independent. What does that mean? Hopefully being bowl eligible and playing some games that matter to us as fans along the way.
Again no attack but does your still remaining optimistic and hopeful about the program in the long term as an independent make you one of us dummies / morons? Just curious....

Last edited:

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
No attack but in my opinion high school and college fans that remain true, loyal and optimistic about their schools up coming season are not morons.

To call real fans, parents and relatives dumb for their hopes and predictions is really moronic. Nobody is dumb for having high hopes and keeping an optimistic attitude for the future.

Again no attack but does your still remaining optimistic and hopeful about the program in the long term as an independent make you one of us dummies / morons? Just curious....

I can admit my optimism is based on nothing but hope.

Majority of the board has spun themselves up thinking we're going to be better because we didn't play a game in 20 months. In

Reaction Score
Optimism is only believing that the team will be better than what the past may indicate...

You gotta work your mojo to counter their mojo. You then get cross mojolation and heads start exploding.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Majority of the board has spun themselves up thinking we're going to be better because we didn't play a game in 20 months.
That's not it. We're just sick of all the redboarders continuing to harp on our not playing last year. Enough already! We're not playing those games and we're not going back to the AAC. HCRE is our guy. Are you with us or are you against us? I can't tell.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
That's not it. We're just sick of all the redboarders continuing to harp on our not playing last year. Enough already! We're not playing those games and we're not going back to the AAC. HCRE is our guy. Are you with us or are you against us? I can't tell.

I'm not harping on playing last year or not. I said multiple times I would have preferred they did; but ultimately don't have a huge issue that they didn't.

The issue is many posters who claim they will be better by not having played. That's a bizarre take.

Reaction Score
I'm not harping on playing last year or not. I said multiple times I would have preferred they did; but ultimately don't have a huge issue that they didn't.

The issue is many posters who claim they will be better by not having played. That's a bizarre take.
Not so sure posters here are saying they will be better because they didn’t play. I think the sentiment is one of the main reasons for the last couple of poor seasons was being physically overmatched and being forced to play young players. Not playing for a season has helped, at least in part, to mitigate those factors. It was a blessing for the entire team to be red shirted.

Yes it was to the sacrifice of some experience but at the end of the day, these players have been able to get a better grasp of the playbook and still get to compete against each other at game speed. Being off for one year doesn’t usurp the amount of years these kids have played football.

Reaction Score

The take you are referring to simply pointed out the fact that Mensah, Van Demark, Fortt, Dj Morgan, Herrell, Jay Rose, and Dillon Harris would have all graduated if not for the pandemic. All of these guys are presumed starters. We also should be relatively healthy going into 2021 as usually there are a couple severe, two year recovery knee injuries during a season. We also should be much stronger physically than we were in 2019 as the team is now two off seasons older with two off seasons of lifting under their belts. How this all translates into the win/loss record is anyone's guess as every team has the same "extra year". It will help some teams more than others but I think it helps UCONN significantly.

Our opponents who played last year still lost some of their best players to the draft. If we played last year it's possible someone like Travis Jones could have been drafted.

Last edited:
Reaction Score
I will say that Corey does seem to listen and implements some of Chief’s recruiting ideas. I hope that continues with some of the recent success. It’s not who gets the credit but let’s focus on achieving great final results.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
I will say that Corey does seem to listen and implements some of Chief’s recruiting ideas. I hope that continues with some of the recent success. It’s not who gets the credit but let’s focus on achieving great final results.
Ignore

Reaction Score
Ignore
It’s sad the only way, you seem to believe you can get attention, is by proclaiming to the virtual World that you have Chief on “Ignore”. Paradoxically you do that by replying to Chief.
That behavior would be an interesting psychological study for someone to undertake, but Chief is too busy with the successful “Let’s get busy” recruiting the next two months.

Reaction Score
Trust me, against my better judgment I still remain optimistic and hopeful about the program in the long term as an independent. What does that mean? Hopefully being bowl eligible and playing some games that matter to us as fans along the way.
you have got to be deceiving yourself. YOU write the most pessimistic crap.

Edsall? This is what he does in coaching. This is his laboratory He just got a long gestation period to develop his players ... at every damn component of a Football Team. Athletes and projected talent; not huge recruits ever. And then he has to put them on the field. This is either going to prove out in September ... or not. There are huge number of unknowns. US>? As fans, we get to leave our quarantine bunkers and watch young men play; what's wrong with that.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
It’s sad the only way, you seem to believe you can get attention, is by proclaiming to the virtual World that you have Chief on “Ignore”. Paradoxically you do that by replying to Chief.
That behavior would be an interesting psychological study for someone to undertake, but Chief is too busy with the successful “Let’s get busy” recruiting the next two months.
I'm ignoring your narcissistic comment.

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
you have got to be deceiving yourself. YOU write the most pessimistic crap.

Edsall? This is what he does in coaching. This is his laboratory He just got a long gestation period to develop his players ... at every damn component of a Football Team. Athletes and projected talent; not huge recruits ever. And then he has to put them on the field. This is either going to prove out in September ... or not. There are huge number of unknowns. US>? As fans, we get to leave our quarantine bunkers and watch young men play; what's wrong with that.

Lol. Buddy, there is no such thing as an under the radar recruit in 2021.

For all the nonsense you've spewed on here the last decade and the programs record that basically stands in opposition the position the majority of the board has taken; you'd think at some point you'd just tap out.

Reaction Score
Lol. Buddy, there is no such thing as an under the radar recruit in 2021.

For all the nonsense you've spewed on here the last decade and the programs record that basically stands in opposition the position the majority of the board has taken; you'd think at some point you'd just tap out.

it's ok. I think you have always been an A hole. And zero zero zero knowledge of what Edsall did well in 1998-2009. You are Example A for why UConn football should just have a tag sale on tailgate paraphernalia from your garage ... and pay you to root for some near high school

as for recruiting. It's the same from the standpoint that too much emphasis on reporting offers ... from paid biased services that get only the obvious studs. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Andrew Adams + Matt Peart are all UConn examples of ... nobody saw them as professional quality preUConn. Id say ... that's why you should watch College ball & UConn football.

there is market inefficiency in football recruiting

ConnHuskBask

Shut Em Down!
Reaction Score
it's ok. I think you have always been an A hole. And zero zero zero knowledge of what Edsall did well in 1998-2009. You are Example A for why UConn football should just have a tag sale on tailgate paraphernalia from your garage ... and pay you to root for some near high school

as for recruiting. It's the same from the standpoint that too much emphasis on reporting offers ... from paid biased services that get only the obvious studs. Blidi Wreh-Wilson, Andrew Adams + Matt Peart are all UConn examples of ... nobody saw them as professional quality preUConn. Id say ... that's why you should watch College ball & UConn football.

there is market inefficiency in football recruiting

It's great and all that we've had a few guys who were under recruited in college become NFL players.

Now, let me also know how many winning records we've had in conference play the last twenty years.

Reaction Score
It's great and all that we've had a few guys who were under recruited in college become NFL players.

Now, let me also know how many winning records we've had in conference play the last twenty years.
It must really suck being this miserable all the time. I hope you’re able to find some peace during your lifetime as it’s way too short to be this unhappy. Also. Thank you for your interest in UConn football

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
leepaul

Top Bottom