Omar Don't Scare | The Boneyard

Omar Don't Scare

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
Looking forward to another tough NY kid. We were missing that this year.

Reaction Score
I'd feel more confident if the comment was stronger than coming from a "source close to [the] situation" who "believes" Omar is committed to us.

But it's definitely better than the opposite.

Reaction Score
I'd feel more confident if the comment was stronger than coming from a "source close to [the] situation" who "believes" Omar is committed to us.

But it's definitely better than the opposite.

"Source close to the situation" is usually code for "member of the team's coaching staff." If Kevin Duffy heard this from Omar's high school math teacher he wouldn't be sharing it with the public.

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
He has a signed LOI with UConn...that is as committed as it gets.

Reaction Score
omars ability to drive and shoot the 3 will fit perfectly in our system

UConnSportsGuy

Addicted to all things UCONN!
Reaction Score
Anyone know how OC's defense is? I expect him to be a very good spot up shooter and will fill in JLs spot very well on the offensive end. Hoping that he might provide some improved defense on the other end of the court. From what I have heard he is mix between RIP and Rashad. Hope that is the case.

Reaction Score
Anyone know how OC's defense is? I expect him to be a very good spot up shooter and will fill in JLs spot very well on the offensive end. Hoping that he might provide some improved defense on the other end of the court. From what I have heard he is mix between RIP and Rashad. Hope that is the case.

He is definitely not a mix of Rip and Rashad. From the little I've seen of him, he actually reminds me of another former Uconn guard. But if I utter his name, I'm afraid some on this board will instantly turn against Omar before he even steps on campus for the first time.

Reaction Score
I have read articles praising his defense and Dave Telep said he was a top 5 shooter in his class, but in the two games I saw him play, his defensive effort was mediocre and his shot was a little streaky, but he was great at taking the ball to the hole. I think he will be a terrific scorer for us and am very excited. He seems to have very high character and a great work ethic.

Reaction Score
He shoots a knuckleball from the two games I saw him play. Definitely not a pure shooter.

Dann

#4hunnid
Reaction Score
i have seen omar play about 4 times maybe more on tv(maybe the same game twice once) and once in person for a half a game. the kid is a great get and a great kid off the court from what i read. his sister is also a great player.

when he was younger in hs he had two different shooting forms. he had a high release from deep and a short release from close up. over time that has molded into one pure stroke that looks ok. not the cleanest but a nice overall shot. his balla ctually does come out a bit like shad if i was to compared to a uconn guy. he has shown steakyness with his outside shot but he has deep range.

he is also lenghty which goes with our type of 2/3 wing shooter that we usually recruit. he is at least 6'3 i would say taller. his arms are not jlamb long but they are long no doubt. he get to the basket at will boatright/dyson style the way he cuts. he finishes well and above the rim alot.

his d is typical nyc kid d from what i saw. when he needs to he locks down a kid(usually the best on the other team). his lenght for his position will allow his to play great d in college for us. but at times he gets a little soft or off ball and relies to much on his lenght/ath . thats a product of nyc style bball that most kids in those leagues go thru as the refs let just about anything go so its hard to keep pressure all day with the elbows and body contact.

he will be a imediate impact player for us. not saying hes going to put up 15 a game and be a major scorer for us asap but i can see him being a 6th man next year for us off the bench for either boat or bazz and scoring some points. he passes the ball also, not a hog. he has a nice handle which will be fine for us with boat/bazz taking the handle for 95% of games. hes on a good hs team so they spread the love around and he seems to run well of cuts for quick shots.

i saw hinds play last year and i wasn't high on him at all as i wrote on here before. hinds turned into a nice player becuase coming out of those nyc leagues the best are well versed already. i think omar is better than hinds sr year hs wise comparison if u will. yes they are 2 different positions but both played basically the same role for there teams.

Reaction Score
Omar has to be licking his chops watching his team. He is exactly what we need to spread the floor better.

Reaction Score
He is a scorer. All time leading scorer at Christ the King.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
dogsdogsdog

Top Bottom