Omar Calhoun | The Boneyard

Omar Calhoun

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
I feel Omar deserves a post to remind the fans what we have. The dude gets no credit on this board. He's a top 5 guard that got robbed of the McDonalds All American game (bc of uconn hate), and stuck w the program while guys like AO ran away and cowered. He played in the other All American game and won MVP just for payback justice. He is the best player to come out of Brooklyn in a long time, and a very humble high character kid. He is extremely loyal and mature for his age, but he is also a future NBA player. You only need one superstar and team chemistry to win in college hoops. Dare i say the next Kemba??

Reaction Score
I agree with the latter part of your post, but I'm pretty sure he has been lavished with praise on the board since he committed...and the fact that he gets no credit could be due to the fact that he hasn't played a game in a uconn jersey yet. Definitely excited to have a high character kid though that really seems to want to be a part of the program!

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score
It would be great to hear how he looks in off-season workouts and pickup games. He sounds like he will be a very good player for the Huskies. There aren't too many freshman ready to be a "superstar" right out of the gate and I will not expect anything like that. Kemba took 2 full years to get ready to be a superstar. In any case, I am really looking forward to see him play. He sounds like a great kid and a great fit for UConn.

Reaction Score
It would be great to hear how he looks in off-season workouts and pickup games. He sounds like he will be a very good player for the Huskies. There aren't too many freshman ready to be a "superstar" right out of the gate and I will not expect anything like that. Kemba took 2 full years to get ready to be a superstar. In any case, I am really looking forward to see him play. He sounds like a great kid and a great fit for UConn.

Heard he is now 6'7" and scores on every touch......has hit the weight room every minute except when at class, studying or sleeping and has gained 25 lbs of muscle......oh yeah and he hasn't missed an entire 3 all pre season.......anything else Db2u??;)................oh yeah more, he's a better man defender than Ricky Moore already too!

Reaction Score
I heard he's also working on the inside to get UCONN a B1G invite.

Reaction Score
Heard he is now 6'7" and scores on every touch......has hit the weight room every minute except when at class, studying or sleeping and has gained 25 lbs of muscle......oh yeah and he hasn't missed an entire 3 all pre season.......anything else Db2u??;)................oh yeah more, he's a better man defender than Ricky Moore already too!

Is that you JC?

Dogbreath2U

RIP, DB2U
Reaction Score

Well, I have heard that he is a wizard passing the ball, so much so that he has been called a "point shooting guard." He can thread a pass through the defense, then catch it and dunk it while drawing a foul.

mets1090

Probably returning some video tapes...
Reaction Score
The basketball team was at the football game Saturday and Boatright introduced the new players. They asked him about First Night and he mentioned he was looking forward to having some competition in the dunk contest in Omar Calhoun. Not sure if he was just trying to make it sound like someone might be able to hang with him to be nice or if Omar can really get up, but interesting nevertheless.

Reaction Score
I feel Omar deserves a post to remind the fans what we have. The dude gets no credit on this board. He's a top 5 guard that got robbed of the McDonalds All American game (bc of uconn hate), and stuck w the program while guys like AO ran away and cowered. He played in the other All American game and won MVP just for payback justice. He is the best player to come out of Brooklyn in a long time, and a very humble high character kid. He is extremely loyal and mature for his age, but he is also a future NBA player. You only need one superstar and team chemistry to win in college hoops. Dare i say the next Kemba??
how unfair of us to stiff omar like that after all he has accomplished here. now he will win MOP of the final four this year just for payback justice.

Reaction Score
how unfair of us to stiff omar like that after all he has accomplished here. now he will win MOP of the final four this year just for payback justice.

I know it's tough but these are the expectations of the 3 time national champs. This ain't Providence playa!

Reaction Score
I just heard some news- KO is thinking of playing him at center. He has not gained 25 pounds but 60 and he has grown nearly 2 feet in the last few months- He is now 8' 5" and weights 285.

Mr. Wonderful

Whistleblower
Reaction Score
The only three he's missed so far at UConn was on purpose just to prove he could if he wanted to.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CJasmer

Top Bottom