Omar Calhoun is a serious shooter. Very impressed today BUT | The Boneyard

Omar Calhoun is a serious shooter. Very impressed today BUT

Status
Not open for further replies.
Reaction Score
most of his shots were not contested. Remains to be seen what he can do off the dribble against bigtime defense(like Michigan State). And he clearly likes to shoot and actively looks for shot opportunities. Very confident for a first year guy. Has to tighten up defense(clearly didn't have to play much in high school). I like him a lot. Daniels started the game as the passive guy I remember from last season; but became more aggressive after a couple of shots dropped. He can create off the dribble; and isn't afraid to mix it up with the bigs (15pts./14 boards) to get his shot around the rim. I really liked Giffey's energy on both sides of the ball; and he is also becoming more aggressive looking for his offense(12 points). Had a solid game this afternoon. Olander(10 points) was great in spots; and is(as Ollie as said) a great passing big. Has to be more aggressive rebounding the ball. I also thought freshman Leon Tolksdorf showed some solid potential; and had great touch from three for a guy that size. A real weakness I felt was the almost complete lack of offensive rebounding. With a perimeter oriented team, a ton of second chance opportunies are going begging because of poor positioning by the bigs (which really gets to the mentality of the post players about the importance of that part of their game imo). Outrebounded Lowell 52-34 but were beaten on the offensive boards 16-15. Michigan State is just one of several reams who we will see who are relentless rebounders on both ends.

GO HUSKIES!!!

Reaction Score
It still really hard to tell how much improvement some of these players have against inferior competition. I guess we will definitely find out who is passive and who is aggressive against top 10 talent at the end of the week. As far as the obervation about Leon, he was 1-5 from 3 with two airballs, so I'm I would exactly call that "great touch"

U

UCONNfan1

Inferior competition, but it had to feel good for the team to explode and have a nice runaway victory. I doubt we will see many, if any, during the regular season, but working on things, running offense and playing defense, and figuring out how to score in different ways in a new system is a good thing.

Reaction Score
It still really hard to tell how much improvement some of these players have against inferior competition. I guess we will definitely find out who is passive and who is aggressive against top 10 talent at the end of the week. As far as the obervation about Leon, he was 1-5 from 3 with two airballs, so I'm I would exactly call that "great touch"
Let me rephrase. His mechanics were excellent. I'm guessing the shots will fall. Don't know what his history is from that range; but, for a big guy, he looked very natural taking the shot. And we could sure use the offense from that position.

GO HUSKIES!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Online statistics

Members online
Guests online
Total visitors

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Vincent22