OT: - Olympics: U.S. Women’s Soccer | Page 12 | The Boneyard

OT: Olympics: U.S. Women’s Soccer

Reaction Score
Hmmm. I'm glad to see some younger players getting to play. However, Dunn is actually 2 years younger than Krueger (Short). Maybe Krueger can fill the RB spot, O'Hara is getting older. Sonnett is fine as a squad player.

The MF still has Horan (27), Sam Mewis (28) and Ertz (29). Gonna be hard to break the starting lineup there. But that's some really good depth.

Up top we may be a little short right now. With Lloyd, Rapinoe ageing out, Press taking a break. Heath is 33 also. Have to find some more talent somewhere beyond Pugh, Morgan, Smith and William
To me, Macario is a natural striker and should play as such. Her, Sophia Smith, and Williams/Pugh is a formidable front line. They have speed, skill, and creativity.

As for the back, right back is a real conundrum and I thought Dunn was terrible in the Olympics. The fact that she can play out of position though, in the WC and the Olympics, shows an insane level of skill. Dunn is a forward in every other universe. We are fine at center back, but outside back is tough. Also, at what point does Ertz have a baby-because I think the best backup at her position...is Dunn.
To me, Macario is a natural striker and should play as such. Her, Sophia Smith, and Williams/Pugh is a formidable front line. They have speed, skill, and creativity.

As for the back, right back is a real conundrum and I thought Dunn was terrible in the Olympics. The fact that she can play out of position though, in the WC and the Olympics, shows an insane level of skill. Dunn is a forward in every other universe. We are fine at center back, but outside back is tough. Also, at what point does Ertz have a baby-because I think the best backup at her position...is Dun
Hmmm. I'm glad to see some younger players getting to play. However, Dunn is actually 2 years younger than Krueger (Short). Maybe Krueger can fill the RB spot, O'Hara is getting older. Sonnett is fine as a squad player.

The MF still has Horan (27), Sam Mewis (28) and Ertz (29). Gonna be hard to break the starting lineup there. But that's some really good depth.

Up top we may be a little short right now. With Lloyd, Rapinoe ageing out, Press taking a break. Heath is 33 also. Have to find some more talent somewhere beyond Pugh, Morgan, Smith and Williams.
At MF don't forget Rose Lavelle. She is elite on both sides of the ball although underrated on defense

Up top we may be a little short right now. With Lloyd, Rapinoe ageing out, Press taking a break. Heath is 33 also. Have to find some more talent somewhere beyond Pugh, Morgan, Smith and Williams.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score
Also, at what point does Ertz have a baby-because I think the best backup at her position...is Dunn.
Eh, I think Sullivan is heir apparent. And I'd put Horan there before Dunn. Horan is pretty versatile. She can play the 6, 8, or 10 and she was a striker at PSG when she was younger. 46 goals in 58 games.

Bigboote

That's big-boo-TAY
Reaction Score
Eh, I think Sullivan is heir apparent. And I'd put Horan there before Dunn. Horan is pretty versatile. She can play the 6, 8, or 10 and she was a striker at PSG when she was younger. 46 goals in 58 games.
I complained about Lindsay the first game she filled in for Julie, but warmed up to her. I absolutely agree with you now.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
They play Mallory Pugh and promptly score 9 goals. Whaddaya know?

Reaction Score

Or more to the point, they play Paraguay and they score 9 goals. There are a ton of players they could use against that opponent, and still run up a large number of goals.

The next two exhibition matches, against Korea, should be a bit more competitive. But still not a great test.

Bama fan

" As long as you lend a hand"
Reaction Score
Correlation does not equal cause in this case. I like Pugh, but perhaps playing a weak opponent is more influential.

meyers7

You Talkin’ To Me?
Reaction Score

Or more to the point, they play Paraguay and they score 9 goals. There are a ton of players they could use against that opponent, and still run up a large number of goals.

The next two exhibition matches, against Korea, should be a bit more competitive. But still not a great test.
Agree, I think most of that is/was Paraguay. But it is nice to have Pugh back from injury.

Waquoit

Mr. Positive
Reaction Score
Seems apropos you should take that one, BF
I'm surprised. I thought this little exchange:

"I'm with the drink scotch whiskey all night long part."
"As long as you stay from behind the wheel, my friend."

was a play on:

Drink Scotch whiskey all night long
And die behind the wheel
They got a name for the winners in the world
(I) I want a name when I lose